Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2017, 09:19 AM
Good morning everyone

Do hope you find something that will stop you itching Moyra.

Enjoy your day out Kazz.

Hi Twix hope you get some of your todo list conquered today but no doubt like me it is two off the list and other three or four on

Hope your MIL gets her op soon Mandy. enjoy your meal out.

I have always used salt and cold water for blood stains Gnasher and it does usually work.

Lovely here today and quite warm. Nothing planned. Have made some more rolls and some macaronis cheese for my lunch. Have also potted up a couple perpetual geraniums for my friend as she admired them when she came last week. Hope they stay ok until I can get them to her.

Hope everyone is keeping well.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2017, 09:20 AM
Griff, although I say it myself, Steve is an artist in his work. Everything he does has to be to perfection and people are just happy to wait for him to do their work. What is amazing is that not only is a perfectionist but he is quick with his tiling work too. Just wish he had been with the tank but then he explained it is like Christmas with a new toy and he is enjoying himself!!!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2017, 11:48 AM
thats good then Moyra...i was worrying he had decided not to go and passed up a job just for the tank!!
Sue, that's a lovely thought for your friend
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-05-2017, 02:38 PM
Good afternoon all two legs and four legs.
Hope you are all well.

It's been clear and not too cold here. Walked a few times now pounding off the pounds still. Max was his usual self but did a stare down on a pretty Burmese cat. A Mexican stand off...

It went through its garden fence, a feat Max can't replicate through a four inch gap. TBH, I have no idea what he would have done with the cat. Anyway, tensions eased and we strolled on.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-05-2017, 03:48 PM
Zen is on 3 legs. Took her on the playing fields for a game of ball and practice Stop The Dog. Everything seemed fine. Went into the car to go to training, got to training and blood on the sheet she was lay on. Checked her and there is a lot of blood coming from her stopper pad. First aid box came out in the club house and a medicated wipe used to clean it. Very clean cut right across the pad. By then she was holding the paw up and limping, so no training for us. Came home and used the spray on it and then wound powder. She didn't want to stay in dogsualty so let her back out and watched her for a while, she lay down, mummy came round to have a look at her and she is quiet but OK. No idea how she did this, never went in the long grass, we were on the short grass, must have been glass the cut is so clean, but poor Zen not having the best week at all
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-05-2017, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Zen is on 3 legs. Took her on the playing fields for a game of ball and practice Stop The Dog. Everything seemed fine. Went into the car to go to training, got to training and blood on the sheet she was lay on. Checked her and there is a lot of blood coming from her stopper pad. First aid box came out in the club house and a medicated wipe used to clean it. Very clean cut right across the pad. By then she was holding the paw up and limping, so no training for us. Came home and used the spray on it and then wound powder. She didn't want to stay in dogsualty so let her back out and watched her for a while, she lay down, mummy came round to have a look at her and she is quiet but OK. No idea how she did this, never went in the long grass, we were on the short grass, must have been glass the cut is so clean, but poor Zen not having the best week at all
Poor Zen. I hope she recovers well. I agree, probably broken glass. We get a lot of it round here and next to a primary school.

Beer bottles mostly. Max will pick up the odd piece but can be convinced to spit it out. So far, no harm done. But concerning all the same.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-05-2017, 04:55 PM
Afternoon all. You're right Sue, couple of jobs ticked off the list but a few more added on. The first task of driving into and out of town took longer because morons were out in force. The first was negotiating a posse of 30+ cyclists. Overtaking on narrow windy country lanes not an option. Even if they wave you on. They cannot see, and then some of them decide to cycle 4 abreast on which takes them onto the other side of the road on a right hand bend! Definitely time to invest in a dashcam methinks. My brother is a keen cyclist and I try to be considerate but honestly most of the cyclists I encounter seem to have brains in their Lycra shorts the minute they get on 2 wheels.
Then roundabouts. Can NO-ONE signal correctly these days? Your only other option is to mind read where they're actually going. Finally, coming home I'm waiting at a T-junction to turn left onto the busy high street. So, I'm looking right for a gap in the traffic. An idiot with a young kid comes from the left crosses the road in front of my car. If you are going to cross the road in that situation why not go behind the car!! What does that teach the kid?
Oh well, made it home in one piece but blood pressure probably on the rise.
Moyra, I got some hydrocortisone cream for my itches, maybe that will work.
I had a quick look for an outfit for a wedding. The only contender was a grey patterned sleeveless dress (per Una M&S) in a charity shop. It fitted ok but I'd have to get a jacket or cardi plus shoes. I'm not one normally to bare my legs so better try on my ageing trouser suit to see if it still fits!!

I've finished the lawns and strimming. Currently watching the Chelsea flower show program so doubt anything else on my list will get done, oh well there's always tomorrow!

At least the weathers been great - what have you all been doing?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-05-2017, 04:56 PM
Can't work it out, I never saw any glass,we were in the short grass as well. Definitely not there when we set off as a neighbour was bemused that Zen was now in the Gold class but couldn't shake a paw, was having difficulty understanding the concept of training as opposed to party tricks. Attention was on paws and the amount of blood would have been noticeable.
She has taken herself off to the little kennel, mummy keeps clucking over her, a change from trying to murder her I suppose
Oh Twix I'm with you on the cyclists, some of them are so rude and arrogant its a wonder they make it home. Have you had a look on ebay to see if there's anything you fancy clotheswise. I've got a complete wardrobe of wedding outfits/ladies nights/naval dinners that I will never wear again and only worn once, twice max if I could get away with it.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-05-2017, 08:36 PM
'evening all
Yes have been AWOL recently, just so tired in the evening with work in the garden, ongoing workshop build, dog walking, and now what I think might be a big drains problem House has had four owners including us. Owner No.2 did a kitchen extension and it looks like he made a pigs ear of the drainage Man coming tomorrow to advise on what can be done.
Lynn - So pleased about Mark and the house, he's getting there, before Xmas we were saying 3 steps, well box ticked on 2 of them, number 3 not far away now.
Moyra - Hope the living room is sorted, a nice big fish tank will be a feature but you don't want mess everywhere do you
Griff - Was thinking that you should use a different bus route to avoid seeing him but maybe that's not possible still now you're Mum is dealing with him you should be able to relax a bit.
Twix - I sympathise with you on all of those driving frustrations, been there many times. One of the really nice things about our life now is that God willing I will never have to drive in city traffic again. Of course on our 'C' class minor country roads we do get the Lycra brigade never had to negotiate 30 at one time 'tho

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Can't work it out, I never saw any glass,we were in the short grass as well.
Might have been just a small piece, even in the short grass it might have been difficult to see. Hope it heals up quickly. Have been following Lona's vet visits and of course checking on Cariad. I do hope that the idiot behind you is NOT returning.

Greetings to all not mentioned above BFN
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2017, 08:44 PM
I lost my post
I'll redo it in shorthand
TWouch,poor Zen.
MOYRA,hope the tank is finally sorted
Princess is much improved today.....yipee
TWIX,two words.....maxi dress
Hope everyone had a good day.