Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2017, 06:51 PM
Sorry for those who've been waiting and thanks for caring
So took her down and John the vet gave her a good going over.Said he couldn't feel any swelling,so ruled out a break.Nothing wrong with nails or pads,he was a bit baffled actuallyDecided to give a strong painkilling jab to see if that helped and if no better she'll be off for X-ray in the morning.She ends up falling on her face if put down,no way is that leg touching the floor even nowEating and drinking as normal.I hand fed her and put the water bowl under her chin while she's on the sofa.not so much as a peep out of her,really can't understand it.Will wait till the morning then,see how it goes.
Got back,visitors arrived....of courseso just getting on now,sorry about that.Snuggled up on the sofa with her,think we'll both have a wee rest
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-05-2017, 06:56 PM
Wondering if she could have had a stroke,is she making any sort of noise at all
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2017, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Wondering if she could have had a stroke,is she making any sort of noise at all
Was wondering that tooI set her on a blanket on the floor and she whined a little looking up next to me on the sofa(as usual)and appears to be herself in general.Aside from the "leg guarding" as the vet called it.Think she'd have put it down by now if she could,after the pain jab took effect.Defo something not right
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2017, 07:24 PM
TW,next time she's down,I'll try and get her on video,see what you think.Can't believe how much the vet moved her leg about and she didn't flinch or whimper once
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2017, 07:57 PM
Lacey..please put your leg down..i am having a bloody horrible day and I need a smile...using your leg will make me smile
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2017, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Lacey..please put your leg down..i am having a bloody horrible day and I need a smile...using your leg will make me smile
And me.
What's up GRIFF?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-05-2017, 08:14 PM
If she's had a slight stroke your vet would have been able to tell by checking the back of the eye, did he do anything like that.
Is she making any noise at all, not normal noise, hard to describe unless you've heard it.
Griff, whats happened to you
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2017, 08:20 PM
No,he didn't check her eye.Not making any noises either.Complete opposite,been really really quiet all day.Be getting her up now for a pee break,hang on,I'll show you.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-05-2017, 08:31 PM
Keep her leg massaged to make sure the bloods going through OK.
I've had 2 dogs had strokes, first one April(Dobie) went down like a ton of bricks one morning after breakfast, couldn't get up. My then bf was there, got her in his van straight to the vets and she was making this crying sound. I let her go that morning as she was completely unable to move and nothing to be done. My bf thought I was being hard, and couldn't stay in the room whilst she went, but she wasn't going to recover, and its not fair to let them suffer like that. Then years later, Tawney had one and it was like her leg collapsed under her, got her to the vet and she was fine by then. I remember the vet checking the back of her eyes and he could tell what had happened. Thats why I asked if your vet had looked
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2017, 08:31 PM
went to see my cousin, stepped out of the bus depot to see a woman and kid go by in the car that i loaned steve tthe money to buy...now being past over for someone young and pretty, i get, rough looking and in their mid 40's when i look around 25...nah...when i said i just i just saw someone driving your car he just shrugged like he didn't care...he was talking to my mum all concerned about my weight loss and being ill yesterday...what a nob!! so Little princess Lacey, please use your leg..it makes for a very happy kelly!!!
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >