View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2017, 12:33 PM
Amber has been sick all day and I am not sure what has caused it. Is there any doggie bug going round? Poor little sod has nothing inside her but just keeps bring up white liquid.

OMG Kazz that was a nasty experience, good job you are a close knit community where you are.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2017, 12:46 PM
Moyra Buster had a dodyy runny tummy start of this week starved him 24 hours much to his annoyance; then did white fish and rice been okay since then. And to be honest it was almost as if it was not involving due to the distance and the fact the chap was completly loopy. It was like I was walking through a dream. Maybe of been different if I ahd been out and about and not somewhere I know well and am known well.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2017, 02:12 PM
Well finaly decided to sit in the summer house (7x5) its become a bit of a lets put it in there shed, my fault but to be honest it lovely here out of the wind so my intention is to finish it as I meant to putthe insulation board in the walls and line it out with exterior ply which i have paint the inside roof OR walls white/cream not both though. Put my selves up already got the shelves ie old scafolding planks I scrounged. Then put the old fireside chair in here which is comfy but not needed for indoors kept it for the summer house may extend out slightly with some decking so Buster has a bit ore room to collapse in the sun. Right the plans a good one......
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2017, 02:24 PM
Sounds great Kazz. I love the rustic feel.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-05-2017, 05:06 PM
Evening been back from Warwickshire a couple of hours.

Dillon cottoned on we were going out when I got my purse out to swap money about. So barking for a good 1/2 hour with excitement. In and out of the car herding us up. He then decided to bark for most of the journey which is unusual it's usually when leaving the village and entering wherever we are stopping.
So 11/2 hours of constant barking almost. Quieter coming back.
Very hot and he didn't seem at all relaxed there. Caught up with some friends, chatted to people about breeders quite a few recently lost their bernese.
Spent 2 hours there then made our way back thankfully quieter and that was good as I drove home.
Soon as we got in he relaxed and has now had his tea and curled up on the sofa next to me snoring.

Kazz sounds like a relaxing day after an awful confrontation from an idiot. Honestly it was his dog with the problem not yours why not turn and go another way ?
Hope training went well June.
Moyra hope Amber is feeling better.

Couple of photos of today not brilliant and none of the gorgeous puppies we met one 14 weeks old called Snickers. Not all phased by all the dogs and people went in the ring and just loved cuddles. Really laid back little chap.
Nice dog in the making there their first bernese and a wonderful introduction for them.
mind you that could all change when he feels his paws a little more.
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170514_130058611.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	5565   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170514_130053012.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	5566  
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-05-2017, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Right totally peeved off and almost had a row totally unlike me. Walking Buster and I have just been out nice walk about 45 minutes total at my speed at the moment and Busters (always LOL) about half we round we reach the main road into the estate and on the other side I hear shouting look up and a good sized man is calling over to me while trying to hold onto a rather chubby/solid choc labrador who he is holding with two hands. I can't hear him so sort of indicate to myself and and a can't hear mime. I have no clue who he is or his dog and I know most people if only by sight especially dog walkers there is a family crossing towards me and the lady who I know says "he's telling you to move away as he is coming to cross the road and his dog does not like Staffies" she is by now stroking Buster as she says " the dog nearly had him over just." Now I am on my way home which is parallel to where he is. So I shout over on my way home down by the shop, and point to the corner shop about 500yds away from where I am, and continue to walk. Well he goes ballistic shouting " *ing staffies should not be allowed......." all this while holding his now baying dogs lead which is now wrapped round a tree not sure if that was intentional or not as I did not see. I carry on and he continues I look across as he almost falls over the dog is going madder than before. Then a lady I see often appears my side with her husky (young dog excitable but well mannered) the husky is still walking nicely but having a bark at the baying lab, me and Buster who I admit is watching the lab but still walking quite nicely. The chap is still screaming about Staffies.......I am thinking bloo*y idiot I od is passing to the Husky owner who says "Where did he escape from" neither of us stop; then the two youg men/lads (I know them through my nephews footie team) at the bus stop on my side of the road shouti at him "her dogs great its you who should be put down" as I get level with them I say "Thank lads but leave it eh" they pat Buster and I continue as I get to the corner of my road he shouts "I know you watch it" well that was it just as I turn I see out of the corner of my eye twoPolicemen (never see a police on here really) they were in the corner shop (since discovered and came out when someone said about a nutter screaming) they approach me and say "leave it Ma'm we'll deal with him to which I say I will be back when put the dog in. As he shouted "I know you watch it" Malcom my ex postman who lives behind where the chap was with his dog was on his drive with some of his fellow bikers they started to go towards the chap and was saying "Whats that supposed to mean mate eh" the policemen hurried over I carried on home dropped Buster in and went back up by now the chap is sort of surrounded by Malcom his mates the two lads from the bustop who appear to have become about 5 now, as well as the hubby and the lady who first told me about the "hatred of Staffies" they turned back when they heard him shout, a couple of people from the shop I know well and the policemen. Don't think this chap has any idea that my estate is kinda close knit. He apologised to me and I said "No problem, but next time you see me I suggest you walk the other way" The group sort of broke up at this, had a chat with one of the policeman they have his name and address and I came home..........what a walk. Last seen the chap was being towed by the lab back the way he had come still barking and baying. The police were going to talk to him at home.
No disagreement with any of that. Just a simple friendly word.
Add paragraph spacing otherwise it is a wall of text that doesn't encourage reading it.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2017, 05:40 PM
Kazz, the guy isn't wired right!!
lynn, lovely photos...wish i had known you were in warwickshire!!
moyra, hope amber feels better now
hi everyone else...after a soggy start a lovely day!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2017, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
No disagreement with any of that. Just a simple friendly word.
Add paragraph spacing otherwise it is a wall of text that doesn't encourage reading it.
I did for some reason dogsey decided against it.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-05-2017, 06:25 PM
Training went really well with Zen, was quite surprised how quickly she caught onto some of the newer stuff. She has been through a short tunnel, but this time it was quite a long one, I put her through the shorter one first then threw a piece of chicken in the long one, and I stayed where I was, expecting her to panic a bit once she got the chicken and turn around, but no she carried on to the end and came running out like a missile. Came straight to me for lots of praise and more chicken. Quite a few away stays as well. The Stop the Dog was a bit chaotic,but we did a couple of short distance ones. Her best friend Mischa is in that class and we were stood together, so like old times. There is less than a week between them, Zen being the slightly older one, so they are 2 in about 10 days
Lynn, the piccies are beautiful, those dogs are just gorgeous aren't they. Glad you had a lovely day out and enjoyed it all.
Sad to hear of the loss of some, its heartbreaking when they have left us isn't it.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2017, 06:58 PM
Hi all caught the tail end of country file dogs doing recall through obstacles on ground. We used to do that at classes. Good fun.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >