Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2017, 06:36 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, 11th May

Good morning all, had a better night's sleep last night. Hope you did too Griff, Mandy and others that are suffering.

The sun is up already and I think it is going to be quite warm today. Now they are warning of serious drought but I believe we are to have some heavy rain tomorrow. It will be hosepipe bans next.

Hope the war between the girls does not start again today June.

Hope everyone is all ok today.

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well, God bless.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2017, 06:47 AM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Good morning all, had a better night's sleep last night. Hope you did too Griff, Mandy and others that are suffering.

The sun is up already and I think it is going to be quite warm today. Now they are warning of serious drought but I believe we are to have some heavy rain tomorrow. It will be hosepipe bans next.

Hope the war between the girls does not start again today June.

Hope everyone is all ok today.

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well, God bless.
Thats a lovely post Moyra, Good Morning.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-05-2017, 07:17 AM
Morning Moyra, Kazz and all who follow.
Glad you had a better night last night Moyra.
Mandy hope you had a good night and feel more refreshed today.
Seems most people I come across have no perception of thinking of others. or maybe we are not the norm.

Sunny and warm here to again today.

Not much on today except housework walking Dillon and washing his covers that he has in the car and power washing off the bird poo off the car. It has been so windy over the last week or so there was no point in putting the cover over the car. Will do now after washing it as it might stay on.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2017, 08:36 AM
Good Morning
Pleased to hear you had a good night Moyra...always makes me laugh how we get floods and then a hosepipe ban..you would think by now we would have things sussed!
Morning, Kazz, hope you aren't feeling too sore and are taking things easy
Lynn, enjoy your jet washing Lol...you could come and do my back path if you like?
Nipping to the Drs today, got to fetch my drugs and said i would do my mums...will also get her her lunch, she bought me a lovely cardigan yesterday and a jumper that i had been looking at but had decided it was too expensive Lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-05-2017, 08:41 AM
Morning griff the plan might change just seen my car driver side has a very flat tyre closer inspection revealed piece of wood off cut with a dirty big screw in in embedded in my tyre.
Might pop down later when tidied in here and see if I am still capable of changing a wheel.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-05-2017, 08:46 AM
Doesn't seem as nice here this morning, pretty sure that cool wind is back, sun is out but quite hazy as well
Griff I hope that lump on your foot is seen to very soon because you are obviously suffering with it and its not right
Somehow Nigel the gardener has mowed the grass this morning. It was in need of a haircut when I opened the curtains, went out with girls brekkies, cleaned up, came in mopped the kitchen floor, opened the front door and the grass was mowed
Off out in the next hour. I bought a 25 metre hose pipe so I could run it through the house from the tap in the yard, I have no conception of how long that is, and used it to water the garden last night, I think I could have done everybody's in the road, it goes on forever
Find it hard to understand 'drought' when there was a flood warning here, and in other places, only a couple of months ago
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-05-2017, 09:15 AM
Ooh yes griff hope the foot is better today.
Ha ha June I am the same no concept of how long or short anything might be.

First hurdle re; tyre can't get the locking wheel nut to fit. Came in and then thought maybe I should of removed the hub cap first. shows how many years it is since I changed a wheel back in the day we didn't have hub caps we weren't that posh. Plus Dillon is causing a hullabaloo behind the gate. Will wait till later maybe when he is more settled and try again.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-05-2017, 09:19 AM
Are you in a breakdown recovery Lynn, I have had them out to change a wheel in the past. Amazing how we pick stuff like this up embedded in our tyres really
Griff, your mum is a lovely person
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-05-2017, 09:59 AM
Can only of been on the drive or on our bit June doubt it was on ours though. probably debris left from the guy tidying Paul and Beth's.
I do have breakdown and home recovery I think. If/when Dillon settles I will pop down and have a go I am sure it was me not taking the hubcap off.
It will be a challenge if nothing else and Mark is home about 5 tonight and off all day tomorrow unless he decided to go to Essex to finish Lauren's brothers job off.
he has seen car keys heard it start I had to move it an inch or two to get to the boot now he is on high alert incase I dare go anywhere without him.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2017, 10:08 AM
Lol Lynn, you will do it...i am sure!!! shame though when you get a puncture, it's nice to know that you can change a wheel...my aunt y and cousin can do neither and don't even know how to do tyre pressures!!
Lol TW, a metre is about 3ft something so it is about 82ft Lol
Yeah my mum is lovely, she can give me a rough time sometimes but i can tell her anything which is nice
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >