Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-05-2017, 09:09 PM
'evening all

Car is in garage for new handles on the sliding doors, one went before Xmas but carried on with just the driver side door but that broke on Monday also They have given me a loan car but Casey doesn't fit in it and definately no room for him and Lara So we did a pavement walk around the village today, cut across the allotments and found a stray chicken in the undergrowth, Casey not interested. Lara was a little bit but didn 't chase it. Had Baruska still been with us we would be having chicken casserole tonight

Lynn, like you say it's a terribly delicate situation with your sister and BiL I think you are doing all you can and just try to offer words of support to both of them.

Griff, some hospitals just seem to be playing the numbers game and it's patients like yourself who suffer. Hope it gets sorted soon.

Best wishes all out there, see you tomorrow.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-05-2017, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Sad reflection on the world today. You're only a few minutes I guess. Where we used to live it was quite common to see dogs tied up outside shops but that was the real rural life where most people lived off the land in one way or another.

Urbanisation has a lot to answer for
Yes, sad that people could be that way and an even sadder reflectiion that they should take such a pessimistic view of others many of whom are probably their neighbours.

I used to be a little anxious about leaving him tied up while I was in the shop. Less so now when I have seen how he reacts to walking with others.

I appreciate Griff's suggestion of a lockable lead. I could do that and, having been in the electrical field, I have a personal set of padlocks - lock off tag off - as we would say.

And I have another line of defence working for me. Everybody in the community knows Max. And who he belongs to.
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5