Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2017, 06:53 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday, 9th May

Good morning all.

Griff, congratulations to you and Dakota, what an achievement for you both.

Lynn, hope Peter or Neill can get some help and advice for poor Gill. Maybe in her own mind she has given up the fight, she is tired of it all, who knows, when someone is so ill it is difficult to know exactly what they are thinking or feeling. Another day she may feel better and feel like fighting the battle again, let's hope so. We can only pray for her she has been through so much already.

June, that is a bit scary about that dog. You keep your own safe and train them and then you get someone with a big dog that hasn't the faintest idea of what weapon he has under his control?! Maybe checking in with the Police might not be such a bad thing.

Well, have a good day all, Sue, Barry, Mandy, Brenda, Eileen, Kazz, Harvey and co. Wish we heard from Jenny that she and Brian are ok. Take care all, hope our old friend LG is ok too.

Have a good day, take car, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well, God bless all. xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-05-2017, 07:05 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Not sure what the weather is like here yet curtains still closed. Mustering the will to start the day.

Fingers crossed Gill is feeling better today and that someone can help her along the line. Michael our brother is going to text later to see if she is up for a chat. I will text later today r tomorrow I know I am going to be in her bad books knowing what peter has been up to.
Not sure what I can actually do though I can't physically stop him or tell him not to do it. I warned him his life would be made miserable for doing it.
Gill will say they are not doing it to help her but to get her into hospital or hospice so they don't have the work.
So what with knowing I am caught up in the middle of that fight and Paul and Beth not taking us up on our offer of parking the van on our parking bit instead of the road overnight I feel that's made things awkward I think I will have a duvet day, week, month however long it takes for all this to blow over.

Hope the itching has eased Moyra have you tried hemp oil it is amazing stuff if rubbed on an itchy rash.
June we were told over Ollie that his reactiveness was fear aggression because he sat or layed down when growling or grumbling. If it is out and out aggression they rear up as high as they can get and normally give no low grumble or air snap as a warning. A vet at the small animal hospital told us that.
Harvey they have had the dog as a pup she has owned the breed before but it was attacked as a puppy by a bull breed. I think her fear and listening to to much conflicting advice has set the dog on a very troubled path.
I wonder if it would be better being a working dog for the police force ? Good discipline and a job to do.
Or like Zanta and me wrong dog wrong house.
Kazz hope you are well on the road to recovery.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2017, 08:04 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn and all who follow

Do hope that Peter and Neill can get the help that Gill obviously needs Lynn and perhaps Michael can get through to her if she has a talk with him. Obviously as others have said she is frightened and not thinking straight. Hugs to you all. I am surprised that Beth and Paul haven't taken you up on your offer of the parking space until they have sorted out what they have planned - just what you don't need.

Congratulations to both you Griff and Kota on passing Gold. You have worked hard with her and deserve it.

Don't give up on Zen just yet June she may surprise you

Lovely day here and not too cold. Nothing planned as yet

Hope everyone is keeping well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-05-2017, 08:57 AM
Morning Sue. make the most of your warm weather it is less windy but very overcast, cold and the odd spots of rain.

Had a text from Gill yesterday missed it picked it up this morning. She mentioned the call from her consultant no mention that anyone was meant be visiting. Reckon she was getting Peter off her back. She mentioned the radiotherapy and that she knows Peter doesn't want her to have it. I can understand her logic there he gets irritated with all the hospital visits.
She also said she knows Peter dropped her in it and she guessed I knew. That he wants her in hospital.
I replied yes I knew but some good may of come of it if she is offered the radiotherapy.
I am getting quite fed up of getting caught between arguments at the moment.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-05-2017, 09:09 AM
This dog is on its hind legs, dragging the bloke and very vocal, so its aggression, but of course there could be many reasons why. It's only appeared since around Easter time, I am guessing they have either recently moved here or its a rescue.
Why is Gill so against hospital or help, if she's unable to eat and is so poorly then surely it would give her a lifeline besides Peter getting a break as it must be pulling him down.
Cariad fine this morning and seems quite happy to be back with everyone, maybe the situation with Zen has improved, I am watching what's going on and monitoring it all
Bone run today, so I need to get going, no idea where thge morning went
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-05-2017, 09:43 AM
Gill is so like mum June.
Peter has emailed she has had a shower and looks like she has done 8 rounds with Mike Tyson he says she is so exhausted.
Michael has spoken to her he said there is something not right with her. Sounds like she has thrush in her mouth so she wants to eat but can't. Michael suggested Peter pop up the chemist for a chat to get something he ummed and arred.
Someone is meant to be going in to see her though. She also has a blood test due tomorrow or Wednesday so she said she will speak to someone then about her mouth. That is of she is well enough to get there.

Michael and I were saying it's difficult getting caught in the middle they have not loved each other for years and now they really don't even have a friendship.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2017, 10:09 AM
Oh Lynn, she needs some Nystatin i think...i haven't got anymore otherwise i would have sent it to you for her. Something needs to be done and quickly as she will deteriorate and might not be well enough to fight back..i am sure she must be exhausted and frustrated with the whole think. Does she have a local friend who she trusts? would she believe that they would be trying to get her into a hospice? a lot of people believe that a hospice is the end of the road...all it means is you get to go in, rest, recupperate and all the medical staff are on hand 24/7...i think short term it could well be just what she needs but trying to get her to accept that help if she is dead set against it is a task and a half...a nightmare situation for you all to be in and i really feel for you ((hugs))
Thanks for all the nice comments about Kota...she is still a real handful but we will muddle through Lol..i will get her training book out in a minute and see what the platinum involves
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2017, 10:39 AM
TW Platinum
sit stay 1 minute owner out of sight, down stay 2 minutes out of sight,heelwork-change of pace and turns off lead. A recall, directed search, down at a distance with direction left and right, distance control. teach creeping or crawling, carry a milk basket or crate, give hanky to sneezing owner, basic rally obedience course, skateboarding, leg weave, tidy toys into a box, moving between two targets, jump through hoops, give right and left paw, high five/wave, roll over, left and right circles, play search and indicate a person, bark and quiet on cue. I think this may just be for our training group
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2017, 11:19 AM
Lynn you are stuck in between a rock and hard place did not realise the relationship between your sister and brother in law was rocky that can't help either of them. She needs help and using that much energy to be annoyed with someone can't be good.

I did not know there was anything above Gold GC.

All this talk about dogs anyone would think it was a dog site. LOL
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-05-2017, 11:32 AM
Platinum sounds interesting griff.

Kazz it has been that way for many years. In fact even before they walked up the aisle. Dad tried to talk her out of it but she was determined to go ahead.
Don't get me wrong Peter has always been good to us helped out with cars, boats etc., and to the children.
He can be a bit selfish though and shy away from hard work and responsibility and if he can get someone else to step in and take over he will.
Neill their son is very much the same.
I feel so disloyal to Gill but feel as bad ignoring Peter as he does have some valid points. So try to keep everyone happy.
He has rung the hospital again and they are giving them the run around that someone was meant to be ringing him or Neill.

griff you are right if she doesn't get some help soon she will deteriorate beyond any more help if there is any out there to be had.
She has quite a few close friends one in particular but I do not have contact details for any of them.
To be honest though she would be exactly the same with them as with Peter if they tried to get help.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »