register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-05-2017, 05:50 PM
OMG what sort of trainer says that, attack is hair raised and teeth bared, as you say tummy crawling is very submissive.
A few weeks ago now we came across what looks like a labxGSD, may be a husky x GSD, it was on a harness with a lead (thankfully not an extending lead) and he was hiding in the bushes from us, so I got us past, it was lungeing and dragging him.
Then I saw it a few days ago, it had a muzzle on, still a harness and lead.
Today I was coming past the pub going to turn into the village and he was on the top road with it, it was lungeing, barking, dragging the bloke, Kesh is non combatative mostly, but cannot stick dogs that act like that, so she starts, I had hold of her collar, Zen was quiet, the class we have just come from at training has 2 GSD's in it like that, so she may even think its the norm. Managed to get round the corner and away, but how stupid is this bloke, that dog will drag him over one day and having a muzzle on it will not prevent something bad happening, they may not get bitten, but if that jumped on us, we would be badly hurt. Why people persist in keeping dogs on a harness when they cannot handle them I do not know. So sad for these dogs, no one with a grain of common sense or brain cell to help them face the right direction and lead a happier life. They can be turned round with the right direction and proper training and leadership. Good job he didn't have the kids with him when that happened Lynn, or could have been a totally different scenario. The least the woman could do is pay the vets bills.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-05-2017, 06:59 PM
Goodness June some people are taking the pleasure out of owning and walking dogs.

Well no one turned up to see Gill. She isn't talking to peter as she knows he set it up.
Neill their son has spoken to someone at the hospital that will really upset her both of them speaking to people she will feel they are trying to get her into hospital or a hospice so they don't have to look after her. Neill is ringing hospital tomorrow to see what's going on.
Just updated brother and he said if Mcmillan go in it will be for end of life and as far as we know at the moment and hope is she isn't at that point yet
What she needs is a doctor to see her and prescribe her something maybe. although today there has been no sickness and diarrhea but she hasn't eaten again.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2017, 07:21 PM
What a tough spot for all concerned, can't do right for doing wrong. Although ultimately you have to do what you can live with at the end of the day no good having the thoughts of "shoulda done that/something"/anything" for the rest of their life.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2017, 07:22 PM
Oh dear Lynn, things do not sound for Gill, one wonders what can be done to improve the value of her life from now on. God give her strength and all that she needs to keep her well enough to live the rest of her life. I feel so much for her. God be with you all.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2017, 07:41 PM
Oh Lynn, to be honest...if it were my mum or dad i would be doing the same and in all honesty i would have had the emergency Dr out and let them yell at me for interferring
I walk my dogs on harness and lead but the lead is attached front and back so two control points and you use the dogs own force..i.e the front against it so you have control.
I have news...........Dakota has just passed her gold test!!! i am astounded, she is so damn clever, i never thought we would get to that point ever
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-05-2017, 07:51 PM
Well done griff and Dakota.

We use to with mum and Gill was worse than I was for calling an ambulance or getting her a doctor out. I suppose from her point of view with what she has she is frightened I can understand that.
Will have to wait and see what tomorrow brings. Feeling exhausted with the waiting. Just hoping she feels brighter tomorrow and starts to pick up.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-05-2017, 08:03 PM
Griff, very well done to Dakota, that is wonderful and I know how hard you will have worked with her to achieve that. If she isn't dragging you over, trying to attack other dogs etc I don't care if she is on a harness or not. But the guy couldn't control the dog, that road is pretty busy, if it had got away and got to us then it would all have spilled over into a road with constant traffic with possible disasterous results for not only my girls but the drivers and passengers in those vehicles. The other thing is that I cannot go out and get another of my dogs, I am not saying everyone's dogs are replaceable, they are all unique and well loved, but mine simply could not be replaced at all and all the years I have spent breeding and researching would be for nothing, not only the heartbreak and loss, but never having them at all because of someone who is careless and irresponsible would be the end for me. I think if Dakota or Deagan were dragging you down the road, attacking all and sundry as they went along, had to wear a muzzle and still were very vocal and aggressive, you would be doing something about it and making sure you could control them and they didn't drag you, that is the difference.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2017, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Well done griff and Dakota.

We use to with mum and Gill was worse than I was for calling an ambulance or getting her a doctor out. I suppose from her point of view with what she has she is frightened I can understand that.
Will have to wait and see what tomorrow brings. Feeling exhausted with the waiting. Just hoping she feels brighter tomorrow and starts to pick up.
Hugs to you
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-05-2017, 08:07 PM
Lyyn, I think Gill must be absolutely petrified, but not eating or drinking is actually going to put her in a worst state than she already is. I am wondering if she just said someone was coming to get everyone off her back, and maybe it is time for someone else to speak to whoever it is that does this type of thing and get her visited by a professional who can assess her and her real needs, not the needs she thinks (which is nothing from what I can gather)
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-05-2017, 08:15 PM
I thought that to.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >