Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2017, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Good afternoon everyone

I do hope who ever it is that sees Gill can do something to help her and hopefully Peter will put them in the picture with what is happening to her. Hugs to you all.

Well done to Zen we all knew she could do it

Hope your sore hands clear up soon Moira.

Been busy today. Monthly shop done and put away, ironing done and then out for lunch. On the way home fetched some compost as it is on offer 3 for 2 so get it while I can.
What are you using the compost for I know tubs/baskets but what plants?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2017, 03:48 PM
afternoon all
Hope there is improvement with Gill
been and spent 15 minutes in the garden...pulled up some weeds Lol....spoke to my aunty today, hopefully my other aunt will be able to start radiotherapy on 22nd
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-05-2017, 03:53 PM
Back from the vets. Lona booked in for one,maybe two teeth out on the 18th, she'll be ecstatic - not
Had a chat about Cariad, he checked her lumps and said she was doing fine and not to think about time really, said there's a rescue staffie he sees that has massive ones on his neck and he's about 14 years old and still going strong, so I am to stop thinking about it.
If I could stop this bullying from Zen then she could go back to her normal routine, but whilst its all kicking off its better she's in the house at night, along with Mabs, at least that way there's no arguing then.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-05-2017, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Hope, Dillon and Gill are ok . having problems with my fingers are sore having torn them apart to ease the itch. No sensibility I am having a lot of probems.
I had a skin cancer op a bit over a year ago. The healing has been itchy and taken a long time. My daughter gave me some Aloe Vera gel. That helped immensely.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-05-2017, 04:19 PM
Walked a lot today as usual. For the second day in a row an agressive dog has tried to get Max. Max just gave it that look and stood his ground. I don't want confrontation but nor do I want my dog bullied or intimidated by an ill-mannered dog or owner.

On the walk we bumped into a few of the usual dog walkers. They all complained about that nasty dog. But I think it is all bark and no bite.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2017, 04:32 PM
Thanks for the tip about the honey however, I have al sorts for my exzema across my body. it is a big problem but apparently down to my diabetes or to my kidney problems. I am covered in sores. They come and they go. I rip myself to pieces! Got my new glasses so at least I can see better, but £338. seems a lot for a new set of glasses less than a year a go!

Lynn, I do feel for your Gill, must be bad to be feeling so ill, wish her feeling better soon.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2017, 04:47 PM
Lynn, have you heard who has visited Gill today, she sorely needs some help. Must be very difficult for Peter to try and look after her. Hope there is some form of help in the near future.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-05-2017, 05:22 PM
Not heard a dickie bird as of yet. Have emailed him but no reply.
So I am thinking no one has been yet or it is taking a long time to assess her but can't see it being this long.
Moyra do hope the itchiness stops soon, glasse seem expensive but if you need them you have to have them.
June good news about Cariad I suppose vet must be happy with her.
Poor Lona good job she doesn't know what's coming.

Glad to hear Max is ok after his encounter.
Poppy and Bun Beth and Paul's dogs were attacked week before last. Beth had gone to visit her mum with the children and Paul took them up the usual footpath. There is a couple in the village who have a very troubled Shepherd. She was fine when a puppy then got attacked by a bull breed when they were out somewhere not in our village.
She then started having trouble with her. She spoke to me one day about how good Dillon was and I told her about Ollie was reactive as he got older and then she started banging on about Cesar Millan. I did say in my opinion that was not the route to go down and use a clicker and positive reward based training.
Anyway she has got worse and now her husband has trouble holding her and so does the woman. Paul was coming along the footpath and saw her tie her round the lamp post we all know she has issues. So Paul gave them a wide berth next thing it had broken away from the lamp post and attacked Poppy the elder lab, so Bun bundled in and got bitten to.
Paul lost it put his hand in grabbed offending dog's collar and twisted till she was almost choking and lifted her out of the middle of Poppy and Bun. Then swore at the woman and marched off. Girls ok now but were a bit subdued for a few days Beth said.
They were telling Nigel who loans us and others his paddock and he said it went for him a while back up on hind legs throat/face level.
The woman said to us a few weeks ago that princess the staffie across the road stalked her dog was down on her tummy crawling and it set her back. I said that's not attack mode that's more like submissive and Princess is more scared of other dogs than aggressive. Her trainer told her it was attack mode.
She doesn't seem to have a clue about dog language and it seems she has got the wrong trainer I reckon. Not sure what will happen Nigel didn't report the incident nor did Paul.
We don't see her out often it will be even less now.
Beth said she gave no warning just went straight in all teeth.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2017, 05:45 PM
Think I would be reporting it what if it was beth walking with the children. I
Not into reporting dogs as a general rule but sounds like the owners need a wake up call. Surely they realise if the dogs attacked a couple of times they realise they have a problem
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-05-2017, 05:47 PM
Beth did say if Phoebe and George had been there they would of been terrified and frightened for their dogs and also sometimes they walk the girls with Paul and Beth of course.
Not sure what they will do I feel the couple with the troublesome dog will keep out of everyone's way and keep the dog out of the way.
Thing is they are really nice people.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >