View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2017, 11:04 AM
Lynn, we had Macmillan nurses when Dad was end of life - they were simply wonderful, Florence Nightingales who came in at night whilst Mum and I could get some much-needed rest. Wonderful wonderful organisation and when I get round to updating my Will I am definitely going to leave them a legacy.

My problems with the bathroom really are not important in the grand scheme of things - it is just annoying that you pay top money and get a 3rd class result; up to now Mike has always done all the installations of kitchens, bathrooms, central heating etc etc. he can turn his hand to anything, but because we have a lot of personal issues to sort out at the moment I said let's get someone in to do it, you just don't have the time. I wish now I hadn't said that, because Mike always does a top class job, he is just rather slow and very messy! The lovely chap who came in and redid everything seemingly has done a very good job, so he is going to quote for redoing our en suite and the downstairs cloakroom which are rather sad and outdated now. Mike will watch him, as he did with the main bathroom, so hopefully all will be well!
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-05-2017, 12:01 PM
We got to know her in 1973 , we both bought afghan hounds puppies from the same litter. She will be sadly missed by both of use
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-05-2017, 12:08 PM
Girls been out, shavings collected (sadly not the 'nice' ones this time) and sat watching the x country at Badminton.
There are cars and vans parked at both ends so can't get down to my gate to put them in, so they are remaining in the car, so I can only empathise with you Lynn, I rarely need access, but when I do, 9 times out of 10 someones blocking it. Hoping that now it is out in the open they may actually shift themselves to sort the problem out.
Nikki, that is horrendous, when I had my major flood in the kitchen (as opposed to the bathroom) I was told it was due to poor workmanship in the fixing of the Belfast sink (which had to come out totally) but it was years ago, and got no record of even the guys number now. So had to take it on the chin and pay out. Hoping you are OK in yourself, as you have been quiet and I was thinking there was stuff going on. Love n'hugs as always.
Think maybe the ambulance should be called, then again the hospitals are dealing with drunks and drug OD's at the weekend nowadays, and the proper sick spend days on a trolley in a corrider, so maybe leave her in her comfy bed!!!
Kazz you'll tire very easily or a while yet, set off feeling a million dollars and end up nearly being carried home. Look after yourself and don't rush it.
Sue, so sorry to hear about your friend, its horrid when that happens and its so quick you've not said your goodbyes
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-05-2017, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Someone is going in Monday to have a chat with her, McMillan or similar. Gill refused at first but the consultant managed to convince her it would be helpful.
Hi Lynn, haven't posted much on this but hope you know I'm thinking of you and Gill and all your family.

I also agree with others on McMillan, when Paul our lovely neighbour (If you recall we had a neighbour from heaven on one side and a neighbour from hell on the other) collapsd suddenly and was rushed to hospital where they found he had an inoperable massive brain tumour the McMillan people came in to support him & Julia (his wife) She has subsequently told me they were fantastic, a great help to both, and she can't praise them enough for all they did and the way they went about their work.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2017, 03:02 PM
Right sort of refreshed, but shattered however able to get up from the bed now without looking like a upturned tortoise faling about.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2017, 04:10 PM
Lol...Kazz, that made me laugh and i needed that
Hi Harvey
Tumbleweed, sorry for your loss
TW, hope you manage to get the shavings into where you need them eventually.
Well had the dogs out, bought Kota home and took Deags out, walking...well hobbling home and there was a bus at the stop..didn't pay much attention until i saw the driver getting off the bus... Steve! he comes over says hello, i have got a new phone so...i cut him off and just shrugged at him, he turned round and shrugged back and said what's that about...i just said not bothered, he said i was just saying...he then starts saying how are you? i just looked at him and snarled great...he snapped back, i was only asking! he was trying to play with deags who was being a complete tart..little s*d lol, he then said he has only just gone back and hadn't been paid...i just looked at him, i walked away, said hello to the autistic lad who goes round with him and walked off...i then turned and went back and told him there was a letter on it's way to him, mum sent it for me friday, basically saying he is to deal with her or my dad with the car payments and if he couldn't pay i would give back the difference in what he owes and what we paid for the car and will take the car...i have outlined the money is to be received no later than 24 of each month..he can pay earlier but not later and as long as he pays, all will be fine...was proud of myself, i didn't use a single swear word!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-05-2017, 05:39 PM
Oh Griff, I can't see this turning out well at all.
The shavings I ended up having to buy a very very dusty and like large sawdust, I have just stopped coughing basically, left the girls doors open still to get rid of the dust.Giving them emphysemia was not in the offing. Will give her a ring in 2 weeks and ask if she has any of the ones I want in, I have actually found them elsewhere, a half hour drive, they will deliver, but doubt they would bring 3 bales over without wanting huge sums of money. Was actually looking for hemp bedding when I came across this place in Wigan and there were 'my' shavings!!! They are £5.35 + VAT, I am paying £6.99 inc VAT, anyway will ring this place and see if they let people come and collect.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2017, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Lol...Kazz, that made me laugh and i needed that
!
I aim to please.............
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2017, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Oh Griff, I can't see this turning out well at all.
The shavings I ended up having to buy a very very dusty and like large sawdust, I have just stopped coughing basically, left the girls doors open still to get rid of the dust.Giving them emphysemia was not in the offing. Will give her a ring in 2 weeks and ask if she has any of the ones I want in, I have actually found them elsewhere, a half hour drive, they will deliver, but doubt they would bring 3 bales over without wanting huge sums of money. Was actually looking for hemp bedding when I came across this place in Wigan and there were 'my' shavings!!! They are £5.35 + VAT, I am paying £6.99 inc VAT, anyway will ring this place and see if they let people come and collect.
Maybe they already deliver to your area and can drop yours off too.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2017, 02:46 AM
TW...i will be fine, can't say the same for him!!
Kazz, I hope you get a good nights sleep and continue to take things slowly
Wide awake again
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >