Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2017, 06:58 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 6th April

Good morning everyone,

Lynn, I am so sorry Gill is running out of ways to help her. She is a very brave girl. Hope Dillon is ok today.

June, hope your back is on the mend and the girls are all ok.

Griff, hope you are feeling a bit better now.

Kazz, hope you are resting after your op. You need to for a bit, bet Buster was pleased to see you home.

Hope everyone else is ok. Have a good day stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-05-2017, 07:17 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Wet here today.

Hope you're not feeling to sore today Kazz.
griff , June hope bad backs and generally feeling bleurgh are feeling better today.

Peter emailed last night Gill's consultant rang around tea time to have a chat with her it was the registrar that saw her to deliver the news a couple of weeks ago.
She said she has done the right thing stopping the tablets, she did mention she was going to look into radiotherapy for her. Someone is going in Monday to have a chat with her, McMillan or similar. Gill refused at first but the consultant managed to convince her it would be helpful.
I remembered in the evening I thought Peter asked about radiotherapy a year or so ago and they said no due to the type of tumor and where it's located it wasn't an option.
Also it's not pleasant to have apparently can be worse than chemo. Will have to see what they come back with it's not set in stone.

Hope everyone has a good day and all four legged friends are well.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2017, 07:58 AM
Morning all ... apologies for my absence recently ... very busy with work, grandchild, daughter and domestic issues. The house is upside down at the moment due to having to strip out the new bathroom and relay tiles etc. etc. Several floods had resulted in ceiling damage, new floors, new tiles etc. All caused by the original bathroom installer's poor workmanship - using cheap fittings, cross-threading connections, not doing up connections tightly enough ... the list is endless. For 3k just for the labour you expect more for your money, but luckily we were covered on our house insurance for the flood damage - the insurance company will pursue the fitter to pay us back our excess, so it hasn't cost us much, just a lot of time, mess and worry.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2017, 09:42 AM
Lynn, my nan was the same as Gill, refused to have macmillan nurses...she eventually agreed to have a chat and by the time the lady left she thought the sun shone out of her bum Lol, it is better to set things in place now whilst Gill is able to voice her own opinions on things...i am sure that won't be needed for a very long time yet!! i hope the radiotherapy is an option for her and it isn't too painful
Jeez Gnasher, that is terrible, thank goodness you have insurance
Morning Moyra, i am o.k thanks...no nosebleed for a couple of days now but still awake at daft times, i manage 2 1/2 hours sleep now
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2017, 09:46 AM
Good morning everyone

So sorry about the news for Gill do hope there is something they can do for her. Hugs to you all

I feel for you Gnasher when you pay for a job to be done and it all goes wrong. Hope when it is finished this time that is the end of your problems with the bathroom.

Lovely morning here and the sun is shinning. Have planted out my peas and hope the pigeons dont get them Had some very sad news this morning as very good friend of mine died Monday morning. Apparently it was a clot to the lungs and they could not revive her. At least she didn't suffer.

Have a good day and stay safe
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2017, 09:58 AM
oh Sue, very sorry for your loss
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-05-2017, 09:59 AM
Good grief Nikki hope the mess is now getting sorted.
Hoping the nosebleeds have stopped for good now griff.
So sorry to hear about your friend Sue.

Gill has not had a good night and had a fall and decided she does not feel well enough to go out. Not at all like her.
Peter said she then went staggering upstairs collapsed on the bed and he said he thinks she needs a doctor which she has flatly refused and that is who is going to see her Monday.
We thought Mcmillan so not sure now which of us is the confused party.

Saw Beth this morning and she has been unwell and we got talking about selling the house and she said we don't want you to go and I said well nothing works for me the house and the drive.
I did say I never wanted a shared driveway but at the time for convenience and time this was our only option and now as feared I find myself blocked in at night.
With Gill being ill and if I had an emergency with Dillon it does stress me out. I am not the sort of person that wants to knock in the middle of the night I am very independant and like to come and go as I please.
She was a bit shocked and said we would never want you to feel that way plus you do us a favour allowing it. Thing is just over a year ago this was only meant to be for a few weeks while they sorted a space out. Which they did then winter came and the ground got to boggy to park it there and now it has remained an issue.
Obviously I do not want a row for so many reasons and have tried to broach the subject many times but it has always fallen on deaf ears.
Didn't say anything but then there is the dog poop issue to.
Anyway drive issue out there now so hopefully they will sort out parking it off the road during the day which is frankly dangerous to see round and not have it blocking the drive overnight.
All done nicely but makes me feel sad I have to say something.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2017, 10:14 AM
Lynn, i think if i was your brother in law...i may well ring 999 once they are there, they will check her over and she can refuse to go to the hospital but at least she will have been checked...yes she will go beserk but once she calms down she will realise it was done out of love...i wonder is she dehydrated? that causes dizziness and confusion doesn't it?
I think given the circumstances with Gill you did need to say something about the drive, as you say, if you need to get out quickly you can't, you have to go, wake up a whole house and that all takes time and minutes matter sometimes....lets hope they get a wriggle on and sort the parking out
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-05-2017, 10:36 AM
griff when Gill was first ill Peter called a doctor out she hadn't eaten for ages he agree with her she knew her body the chemo was making her so ill and poor Peter always gets it thrown back in his face nearly 10 years on.
If push comes to shove he will but I think he will monitor things very carefully before taking o the wrath of Gill.
Hoping Beth takes it on board griff.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2017, 11:00 AM
Morning all.

Up at 7 this morning, when my sister came to take Buster out. Then went to Asda with her simply too much for me she did the bits of shopping and I picked up a pair of jogging bottoms with elsatic waist and a pair of light support pants for next week. Have to say almost pain free just a couple of paracetamol a day. But remarkably tired havig a lie down for now.

Lynn so very sorry about your sister, all you can do is support her I suppose.
Moyra Good luck with the house search.
Gnasher frustrating isn't it sometimes how you get in a quagmire sometimes. But hope it is starting to be a little more positive.

Right forty winks I think.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >