Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2017, 04:52 AM

Daily thread Friday 5th May 2017

Morning all. Pleased to hear you are home Kazz. Well mot done. Car not worth much in money but worth it to me to keep it. Have a good day all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-05-2017, 06:55 AM
Morning brenda and all who follow.
Glad you have managed a decision on the car brenda sometimes as you say best to stick with what you have.

Wind dropped here today so hoping it will be a tad warmer than the last few days.
Phone call to Gill today to see how she is and what I can do to convince her to speak to a doctor about these new tablets and the possibility of trying some others so she feels well again.
When I said yesterday Donnal left Joel on the doorstep waiting for Mark to get in to Harlow at rush hour so was running ten minutes late Cooper was upstairs in bed he does shift work she still wouldn't let Joel wait in the house.
Also she let Mark know she was home and he said well he is coming with Lauren and I to look at houses he will be home tonight so she said I am not well will not be cooking late so you need to feed him.
Talk about the boy must feel unwanted there.
Good news is he is healing well despite him doing badminton and causing a problem again, so he will not need to go back to the fracture clinic unless he has a problem.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2017, 07:09 AM
Morning everyone, had a nice lay in this morning. Have a good day all.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2017, 08:11 AM
Good morning everyone

So pleased your car passed its MOT Brenda so hopefully another year of happy motoring for you.

Sorry to read about Gill and do hope you can talk some sense into her to try and get as much help as possible to make a feel well as she can be. Hugs to you both Lynn

Good luck with the house hunting Moyra but I think you will have to tell Steve that he will have to contribute more for his upkeep.

Foregot to say well done on getting your consultant to put to you on the list for a hip replacement Mandy.

Dull here this morning and non too warm either. Housework done so will potter into the garden later and plant the rest of my geraniums that I successfully overwintered

Have a good day and keep safe and above all I hope everyone is keeping well or feeling better today.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-05-2017, 08:47 AM
Lovely morning, unfortunately still got the horrid cold wind
Hoping you can persuade Gill, Lynn. She must be at the end of her tether after all she's been through and feeling so poorly as well. Donna doesn't surprise me, she'll do or say anything to avoid the most every day stuff that mums do. Is she pregnant again
Girls need to go out and I have to organise shavings and make another vet appointment for Lona. She's finished the AB's and her mouth looking normal again. Think she'll need that tooth out though Then got shopping this afternoon as well
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2017, 09:13 AM
Morning all
Kazz, so pleased to hear you are home...take it steady
Moyra, you are wise to think carefully with regards stretching yourself financially
Brenda, pleased the car passed
Lynn, hope you can talk to Gill and convince her to try something else
TW, hope it is a while before the tooth needs taking out
Nothing doing for me today except taking the dogs for a walk
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2017, 11:20 AM
Hello all

Slow today but steady
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-05-2017, 11:22 AM
Just off the phone to Gill sounding brighter than I expected.
Dreadful cough though, she is giving herself a week to get over feeling so ill then will speak to someone in the hopes they might be able to prescribe a different hormone tablet for her that agrees.
I did get it from the horse's mouth today that she has been told there is not much else they can do for her now. So trial and error re; tablets and how much longer they give her.
She made the consultant laugh when he told her and she replied I cannot go anywhere yet I have just bought a new wardrobe.
We knew this day would come but never easy when you are told it's the end of the road re: treatment.
So how she must be feeling I cannot imagine.

June I hope not I think Joel said for health reasons she was being sterilised. From my point of view it should of been done on moral grounds of not allowing another poor soul being brought into the world to be brought up or not as the case may be by her.

Good to see you about kazz.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2017, 11:33 AM
Lynn, that is dreadful news about Gill...never easy when someone you love gets given that news, i will keep everything crossed that they can find a new tablet that suits her better and gives her a lot more time
Kazz, good to see you, hope you aren't too sore
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-05-2017, 12:01 PM
Lynn, very sorry to hear about Gill, but got to laugh with her,she is keeping her chin up, well done to her, very very hard on everyone near to her as well as Gill.
Brenda, if your car has passed the MOT, has a low mileage and you're not driving round the country, then no real reason to sell it in my opinion. Its doing its job, thats the main thing.
Glad to hear you are moving about today Kazz, slow but sure and every day a little further.
Going for shavings tomorrow morning at 11am, Vets appt for Lona at 4.05 on Monday - Lucky to get that, Neil is semi retired and thats the only day he's in next week
Girls had a walk out, took Kesh and Zen up to the bluebells as there was someone on the playground with a little furry thing on an extending lead, and I don't even want to be in sight as it was dragging around at full gallop and she made no attempt to check it. When I took the others over it was clear so they had a run round on the football field and played ball.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >