register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-05-2017, 01:34 PM
Nice and sunny here today, very cold wind though, so although it looks nice, when you're out you need a fleece on. Girls got a decent walk out, I made sure there was no one in sight when I let Cariad off for a meander after last week's episode. Not seen anyone since that though, maybe words out
Son rang yesterday, so of course I had to have my say because I have been so worried about him and how its all going to end up. After the air was cleared somewhat, he did say he's been for an interview for a job that he quite fancies. Its a step back from what he's doing at present, but the way he is expected to work, well its not his way and it is a struggle for him to do his job basically. This one will pay the bills, thats about it, but there are openings within the company for him to change to a different role at another time, so it could prove to be a doorway into a better life for him. Sooo its something that I did suggest last time we spoke but straight away he came back at me about the money, as I found out, and others have as well, sometimes you have to walk away from a well paid job to a job that gives you time to breathe a little and is not so demanding it changes you as a person. He said to me he was now dreading Monday when he finished work on a Friday, and that terrifies me. Just have to wait and see now, he has applied for others as well, all of them office based, so no company car either. Been looking at car prices and he can pick up a lowish mileage car as a runabout to and from the station for about £5/700.By lowish mileage I mean under 100,000 miles by the way. It won't be expected to do more than about 30 miles a week maximum, so as long as its got a recent long MOT and its been maintained, it'll be worth getting.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-05-2017, 02:09 PM
well Dr's gave me the all clear and my camcorder is now having the intermittant fault looked at in Horley, about 1.30 hrs from here. Came back for a pub lunch and then off to the garden centre yet again.

The camcorder is 4 years old and travelled to many countries with me so it deserves a check over as it was nearly £900 when I got it. The video side is fine but the still shot section kept jumping back to the view screen which was annoying.

They will email me later to give an estimate on repair and overhaul costs.
The later versions of this camcorder don't do still pictures, instead they now have 4k and wi fi which I don't want.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-05-2017, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Have just phoned Abbotts Estate Agents in the hope of getting a letting. Fingers crossed. Anybody else got any suggestions of whom to contact?
Hi Moyra, around here you could try Lacy Scott & Knight or Martin & Co. both advertise in the Bury Free Press every week with lettings.

I would avoid Haart and Robinsons like the plague

Looked in the BFP this week but not a lot of lettings, it's usually down on a bank holiday weekend.

How many bedrooms do you want
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-05-2017, 07:08 PM
God luck with the car valuation brenda.
June everything crossed things work out for your son. Such a worrying time and you feel you want to help but get head bitten off if you say to much.
Oooh Moyra have you seen something or just registering details for when something comes along ?
Evening Harvey.

Took dillon up the paddock this morning he was a bit reluctant and when we got in there he stuck to me like glue.
Mind you he has had a busy weekend and has been zonked out most of the day.
Had hair done popped to get some shopping and spent rest of afternoon in peace and quiet and resting.
Been bloomin cold here all day and windy.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2017, 07:48 PM
Hello all
Been to hospital today to see the new consultant and he's put me on the waiting list for a new hip! He was not happy about how it's got, I'm struggling with work, taking Rosie out on long walks and just am always in pain. And most annoying for me ( I know it's vain but...) I wobble a lot when I walk, I'm only 47!! It makes me feel old

Moyra ooh have you seen somewhere new?
Tweed hope it's not too expensive
Lynn saw your pics , where did you get the privacy stuff from? Was it easy to put on? I wouldn't mind that for my bathroom
TW fingers crossed for your sons interview, sounds like it was better to clear the air, obviously gave him food for thought the last time you spoke.
Hope you ok Griff
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-05-2017, 08:01 PM
Mandy, so pleased they are giving you a new hip, about time as well. Its not right at your age you should be in constant pain and also wobble!!!!
Moyra, hoping something comes up for you very quickly and its in a lovely place without hassle
Lynn, its because its a strange place, once he gets used to going he'll start being more adventurous.
Just got to hope son gets some good news very soon because I am honest concerned for his long term welfare if it carries on like this. At least he's fighting back now and out there knocking on doors, because that will actually give him a boost in a strange way
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-05-2017, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Evening Harvey.
Took Dillon up the paddock this morning he was a bit reluctant and when we got in there he stuck to me like glue.
Evening Lynn
It might also be that he isn't familiar with the paddock, dogs love routine and love the familiar places and smells and the paddock would be new to him, chance are that after a few more visits he will be OK I think it's lovely that the owner offered you the chance to walk Dillon in there.

I just read in our village newsletter that one of the walks around here has been restricted, something to do with horses and paddocks and dogs chasing horses, it's not where I take Casey & Lara so doesn't really effect me, but it would be nice to have as many walks available to us as possible.

Well June not far away and soon you'll be thinking about where you really want to live Those two agents I mentioned to Moyra above are a good starting point for sales and I'm told they are better than most.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-05-2017, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Just got to hope son gets some good news very soon
Yes I hope he gets some good news soon as well. I know what it's like coming home Friday evening and not wanting to go back on Monday. That's why I chucked the day job when I was in my late fifties. OH did the same and we embarked on our life in the wilderness I was able to do a few hours a week over the internet which I still do but did I miss the office and all the prats in there Did I hell
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-05-2017, 09:04 PM
He's mid '30's Harvey and only just bought the house he's in, so he is in a mess if the job goes. That house was rented until he bought it, and he would have got housing benefit if he didn't have a job, totally different ball game to now. When he bought the house he had a job he loved and was secure, within what seems like weeks after the house went through they made him redundant and moved him to another job. He was eligible for Voluntary Redundancy and had a chance to buy into an existing successful enterprise, but couldn't find the right premises in the area he wanted. So couldn't take redundancy and the job is just not what he excels at basically. I really feel for him, he was so supportive with me when I had all the trouble with the other son, and I can do nothing practical for him, except try and be there.
Something has got to give surely, at least he is out there knocking on doors now, so to me thats a positive move on his part.
We've had a few instances here of dogs running after horses, I actually witnessed a staffy chasing a foal, I was stood there amazed, the people did nothing, didn't even bother. They soon did when I jumped on them, they had no idea how wrong it was, nor did they seem to care. Not surprised people are getting to the stage of stopping dog walks to be honest, there is a race of people out there (and on the increase) who seem to have no thought or care for their actions or the consequences of them either
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2017, 09:15 PM
TW, I really hope your son gets sorted
Hi Harvey...good for you binning the job off
Lynn, hope Dillon gets used to the paddock
Mandy, I am so pleased you are going to be bionic!!!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >