Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2017, 06:10 AM

Daily Thread, Monday, 01 May

Good Morning everyone. Another month gone! Where does the time go?

Hope your back is feeling better this morning June and the girls had a good night.

Nice that you now have a safe pleasant place to exercise Dillon, Lynn, sure he will appreciate that.

Griff, hope you are feeling well today.

I hope Eileen has found some welcome sun and warmth where she is having her break with Conor.

Kazz, Good luck for your op tomorrow hope all goes well and you are soon on the road to recovery.

Have a good day all my friends not mentioned. Everyone stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless all.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2017, 06:36 AM
Morning Moyra hope this finds you well and everyone else. Had a lovely pub roast yesterday. They have a designated area for dog owners and there were five at one time all laying down while all the owners and children had their meals. Lovely atmosphere. Then when we had finished the heavens opened and​ it poured with rain. This morning so far dry. Sadly tomorrow we go home. Have a good day all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-05-2017, 06:45 AM
Morning Moyra, brenda and all who follow.

Everyone I stop and speak to mentions how quick this year is flying by. May already.
Moyra we are really pleased to be able to use the paddock when we wish. It does mean some days he can have break from pavement pounding. He has only recently had no pigs in there and then someone's horses. We use to see them on occasions when we walked that way.
he has a couple of old tennis balls there Dillon doesn't have much interest in balls and is going to add some bigger ones and some poop bags for people that use it in case they need extra.
We have a bag of toys here which I was wondering what to do with will sort them and take them over there and they can decide which they would like to use the rest I will find a rescue place and donate them.

Kazz I will say good luck for tomorrow and a speedy recovery. Hopefully Buster will not miss you to much.
June hope the backs not so sore today.
brenda glad you and Tyto are having a good time.
griff hope your feeling well.
Eileen hope your enjoying or enjoyed the sun.

Weather not so bright here today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2017, 08:07 AM
Morning all
I am o.k thanks...got up to find Dex had been sick so have just had to clean all that up..lovely!! Mum and Dad back today, will no doubt have a bottle of rattler to drink tonight. Just watching the titfield thunderbolt
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2017, 08:15 AM
Good morning everyone

That is a nice gesture Lynn to let local dog people use the field, will make a nice change for Dill as you say.

Hope your back is feeling a little better this morning June but don't go over doing it.

Pleased you have enjoyed your break Brenda such a shame it all goes so quickly.

Hope Dex is ok Griff.

Best wishes for your op tomorrow Kazz and hope you will soon be home. Do hope Buster behaves for your mum whilst you are away.

Dull with showers here this morning but have managed to get Teazle out without getting wet but didn't think I will be gardening today.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2017, 09:09 AM
Brenda who did you book your horse drawn caravan with? and would you reccomend it. May put it on my "not a real bucket list but it is actually" list LOL
Griff Hope Dex is a bit better now you will have to get use to having
your Mom and dad back.........I like the the Titfield Thunderbolt, in fact I like all the Ealing films from that era.
Moyra just reading your thread from the other day about Steve teaching fishing/fishing does that mean he would in effect semi retire? if so wy not look for a fishing "bussiness" whatever they call them fishing lake sort of thing or wildlife reserve and volunteer there so he gets experience? Just a thought.
Lynn That sounds brilliant about taking the toys down. A good place for you and Dillon to downwind and chill.
June I empathise with you over the back, I have done too much over the last few days and suffered yesterday evening. Once you have a dodgy back I think you always have one. But have lost 1/2 stone over the last 5 weeks (walking with Buster) is all that has changed really. I put that on since Cassie died. Already had a stone to loose before but it became a stone and half thats a weight I would be comfortable with stone less.
Sue Thanks for the good wishes but to be honest Buster and Mom are like one.....he ain't fussed when I am not here apparently and I believe it. He adores Mom, and everyday almost she says "he getting much better more relaxed" which he is. Got the routine now.

Thanks everyone for the good wishes, in at 8am tomorrow morning. Day case but depends on the op time as an open op not laprascopic, could be in for the night.

Weather is overcast here and rain showers.

My plan for today a last bit of shopping and then do a water change on the fish tank as not sure of my ability for a couple of weeks to do that after today.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2017, 10:04 AM
Morning all
Was quite busy yesterday, we've decided to make a herb garden, so Tony dug the place out and made a box like surround for it. I will take pics when it's done. We painted the wall, and sorted the pots out.
Very busy but constructive day lol
Took Rosie out for a wander, apart from that she played in garden 'helping'
Right will put kettle on and catch up before work
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2017, 10:07 AM
Hi Kazz, Burley wagon rides. So lovely and well done. Good luck for tomorrow. Just come back from a lovely walk. Met two little girls who had to say hello to Tyto. And the dad new it was from Tyto Albus. Sun still shining.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2017, 10:29 AM
Kazz, i do like the old films, remind me so much of spending time at my nan and grandads on a saturday afternoon...good times!
Best of luck for tomorrow, i am useless with days and get a bit mixed up Lol
Mandy, ooo well done you, we had a herb thing once when my brother lived here, he planted rosemary and it took the whole pot thing over Lol.
Brenda, so pleased you are having a nice time....is you just you and Tyto or you, your daughter and Tyto or have you taken your OH too?
you asked to see my hair the other day....sorry, forgot to post the piccie! not very good i am afraid but you can see how much it has grown

mum and dad are just joining the M5...means nothing to me, i can't even get myself from one side of town to the other Lol
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2017, 10:54 AM
Gawd, my eyebrows need threading...another thing to add to the list!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >