Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Andy H
New Member!
Male 

25-04-2017, 02:03 PM

Changing Diet...

Hi,

I have a 6 year old boxer that i feed on dry dog food, but i am thinking of changing to raw dog food. The problem is every time i change his diet it upsets his stomach.

What is the best food to start him on. My friend used Natures Menu and swears by it, what are your thoughts?

Andy
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-04-2017, 02:10 PM
I personally wouldn't use Natures Menu. You can buy a lot of raw minces nowadays, Pets@Home stock a limited range that you could start with.Lots of dogs begin raw due to digestive problems and never look back, because it is natural and what they are actually designed to eat,their digestive system isn't meant for grains, hence the cow pat poos, flatulence and 'doggy' smell, which you don't get on raw. Try these people who deliver in your area http://www.raw4paws.co.uk/
Andy H
New Member!
Male 

25-04-2017, 02:18 PM
The problem is i live quite a way from Pets@Home which is another reason for thinking of a change. My local pet store stocks Natures Menu and i looked on their website https://www.naturesmenu.co.uk/natura...anced-dog-food and they do have quite a vast range of raw food in many flavours, but if you say its not that good ill go and look at raw4paws and see what they offer.

Andy
Andy H
New Member!
Male 

25-04-2017, 02:20 PM
Ah http://www.raw4paws.co.uk/ are local to me which is handy, no prices on the website how do they compare to the rest on the market?

Andy
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-04-2017, 04:18 PM
I would give them a call and discuss it with them and see what they advise. A good starter is chicken or turkey mince, I also add organ meat, such as liver,kidney or heart. There are lots of different meats available,tripe mixed with chicken is a good one to begin with as well.Make sure the minces have bone in it and chicken wings, thighs, drumsticks and quarters can also be given, as well as beef and lamb bones. Most companies deliver either by courier or their own transport and you'll find there is a delivery fee which varies from company to company.