Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2017, 08:12 AM

Daily Thread Saturday 29th July

Good morning everyone

Quite a bit of rain overnight but dry at the moment. More forecast for later on.

Hope you are all keeping well and that Dex slept through the night again Griff

Shingles is not good Besoeker, a friends mum had it recently and it took her some time to recover. Hope you are soon well.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-07-2017, 08:45 AM
Morning Sue and all who follow.
Same here Sue lovely and sunny and warm, not sure it's meant to last though.

Out early just gone 7.30 with Dillon, met a chap who owns a nice place along one of the footpaths we came along today and we must of stood chatting for what seemed like hours. Got in a 9.17.
Dillon has been eating ripe plums off the trees today and a couple blackberries that I picked for him.

Dex same here hope Dex slept through the night.
Beseoker shingles not nice never thankfully had them but my SIL did recently and she was quite down with them.

hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2017, 10:05 AM
Morning all
bit grey here
Dex did sleep overnight...very well indeed...i don't know why!! i woke at 4.30am and nodded off again at about 8...dozing and didn't hear him at all, i think he had stayed in the kitchen too and was fast off when i went to unplug his bed
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-07-2017, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Dillon has been eating ripe plums off the trees today
Hello Lynn, did you see that news story recently about the guy who ate some cherries and crunched the stones, aparently this is dangerous as the stones on all stone fruit (Plums, cherries, apricots etc.) contain arsenic.

The report said one or two are OK but this guy had eaten about ten he had to go to hospital A&E

So if Dillon eats ripe plums either check he leaves the stones or swallows them not crunch them. Presumeably if he swallows them whole they just pass through the body and come out the other end
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-07-2017, 12:42 PM
Hi Griff, are you 'home alone' again this weekend

So you can go mad not that you would ever, such a sensible girl that you are
Bertie's Mum
New Member!
Female 

29-07-2017, 01:17 PM
Hello, I'm new ������
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-07-2017, 01:22 PM
Glad Dex slept through again griff.
Harvey I saw the headline of that story. Apples are similar you would have to eat a lot pips though.
Dillon ate 2 plums and crunched the stones once their in that mouth there's no getting them out. We picked a couple more if he has them I will de-stone them as I wondered the same or possible blockage if they went down whole.

Welcome Bertie's mum.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2017, 01:57 PM
Lol...yes Harvey, i am home alone Lol...was very good had 4 pints last night and doubt i will have any tonight
Hi Berties Mum
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2017, 02:56 PM
https://canmore.org.uk/site/68627/in...h-swing-bridge

Hi all. The house on the right is where I will be staying in October. Hope you are all having a good day. You have to eat an awful lot of stones to get poorly. The worse thing is they could cause a blockage but probably no different than eating a hard bone for some dogs.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2017, 05:17 PM
Welcome Bertie's mum
Inverness Looks a lovely place Brenda,
Only fruit I've ever managed Rosie to eat is pear, as long as it's a bit of my pear of course lol
Glad that Dex slept well
Doesn't seem much on to tonight, might have to watch a movie
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >