Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2016, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by NickyAnn View Post
Nope but since I have a boat on the mid Atlantic I know all about what's there..................

https://www.google.com/search?q=sand...w=1280&bih=663

I also believe that I might have seen this very whale http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/0b32...ishing-143.jpg
Wow you must be wealthy if you own a boat large enough to cross the Atlantic Ocean!!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2016, 09:54 PM
No such thing huh? Were you born stupid or did you stubdy?
[url]http://www.caranddriver.com/land-rover/range-rover-evoque[/url
PS. Who said I bought anything made in GB?
No ... the vehicle is called a Range Rover Evoque, the Land Rover bit is the manufacturer - Land Rover. The Range Rover Evoque is built by Land Rover and on the bonnet it clearly states "RANGE ROVER" - as you would know if you owned one.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-07-2016, 09:56 PM
So you have seals so do we, and?
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-07-2016, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
NickyAnn- both the USA and GB have issues with pollution. The following was taken from an article in The Hoya magazine, an article written in 2015 by Margaret Heftler:-

"After years of unchecked sewage flowing into the Potomac River, President Lyndon B. Johnson called the river “a national disgrace” in 1965. Although efforts to clean up the river have improved the quality of the water, continued concerns about its cleanliness prompted conservationists to add a little sparkle to the muddy water.

The cleanliness of the Potomac has long been an issue, exacerbated by the doubled flow of the District’s raw, partially treated sewage into the river between 1932 and 1956, according to the Interstate Commission on the Potomac River Basin.

Potomac Conservancy President Hedrick Belin described the state of the Potomac in the 1960s.

“If you came up the Potomac toward Georgetown from the national airport, in August, between Georgetown and the Kennedy Center there’d be a solid green mat of algae that your boat would have to go through,” Belin said.

Johnson’s 1965 proclamation catalyzed an effort to conserve waterways nationwide and culminated in the Clean Water Act of 1972, which increased funding for the sewage system and marked a turning point in pollution prevention.

“A large result of the Clean Water Act [is that] there’s been a 40-year focus … of investing millions of dollars in updating sewer treatment plants,” Belin said.

Despite this progress, pollution remains a major issue. A 2014 report titled “State of the Nation’s River,” released by the Potomac Conservancy, expressed worry about continued contributors to river pollution, including aging sewage infrastructure and the disappearance of healthy forests, which prevent runoff.

Sewage remains the largest pollution contributor; there are around 40 locations where sewage could release a staggering amount of bacteria and waste during periods of rainfall.

Swimming in any of the rivers or streams in the District is illegal. The sole exception to this law is the nation’s Triathlon, though even this event has been cancelled twice in recent years because of hazardous levels of sewage in the water.

Maxwell Menard (SFS ’16), a member of the Georgetown crew team, described some of the problems that he has encountered with the Potomac.

“I don’t think we’ve had any health issues because of the Potomac, but we do run into debris. … Garbage, a lot of big logs, also a deer carcass once, it’s a pretty steady amount of debris and garbage,” Menard said. “We just take it as part of the river, we don’t really question it.”

Additionally, Belin explained that the state of the river continues to have a unnatural effect on the river’s bass, causing more than 80 percent of the male smallmouth bass to lay eggs.

“It’s interfering with their biological systems, which is clearly a canary in the coal mine,” Belin said.
"

I'm not proud as a British citizen of that photograph taken of the Thames, but judging by the foregoing your Potomac river is no better. Pollution is a world-wide issue and one that the USA is not innocent of by any manner or means.
President Lyndon B Johnson................?

Can you please search by date, otherwise I am going to post photos of the blitzkrieg
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2016, 09:58 PM
President Lyndon B Johnson................?

Can you please search by date, otherwise I am going to post photos of the blitzkrieg
Ah you didn't read far enough ...

"Despite this progress, pollution remains a major issue. A 2014 report titled “State of the Nation’s River,” released by the Potomac Conservancy, expressed worry about continued contributors to river pollution, including aging sewage infrastructure and the disappearance of healthy forests, which prevent runoff.

Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2016, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
So you have seals so do we, and?
Ah but they be British seals, not American seals - much, much better don't you know. In addition, because they are American seals, they can magically live mid-Atlantic. Without the need to come up onto dry land for months and months on end, unlike our poor old British seals who are only semi-aquatic and come ashore to do such stuff as sleep, give birth and sunbathe!! They be clever, clever seals, those American seals!
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-07-2016, 10:04 PM
No ... the vehicle is called a Range Rover Evoque, the Land Rover bit is the manufacturer - Land Rover. The Range Rover Evoque is built by Land Rover and on the bonnet it clearly states "RANGE ROVER" - as you would know if you owned one.
Again I never owned one, I posted complaints from consumer reports

Sheesh, like this

I bought a 2015 LR4 in March, and thought I would share some information with prospective buyers. Land Rover USA has admitted that there is a problem in the air conditioning system of the 2015 LR4s, a problem that causes a high pitched whistle to be emitted from the dashboard area whenever the air conditioner is on (as it often is if you live in Texas). Land Rover says this is a "characteristic" of the 2015 LR4s, and have offered no fix for the problem. If you are considering purchasing an LR4, I would seriously reconsider, until Land Rover has a fix for this issue. Though the dealership has tried, they have been unable to fix the problem, and my car has spent over 40 days in the shop since I purchased it.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2016, 10:08 PM
Again I never owned one, I posted complaints from consumer reports

Sheesh, like this

I bought a 2015 LR4 in March, and thought I would share some information with prospective buyers. Land Rover USA has admitted that there is a problem in the air conditioning system of the 2015 LR4s, a problem that causes a high pitched whistle to be emitted from the dashboard area whenever the air conditioner is on (as it often is if you live in Texas). Land Rover says this is a "characteristic" of the 2015 LR4s, and have offered no fix for the problem. If you are considering purchasing an LR4, I would seriously reconsider, until Land Rover has a fix for this issue. Though the dealership has tried, they have been unable to fix the problem, and my car has spent over 40 days in the shop since I purchased it.
NickyAnn - you quite clearly stated that you bought a Land Rover Evoque ... now you say you didn't.

Methinks you speak with forked tongue - methinks you tell porkie pies!!

Still waiting to hear with interest what type of boat you own that is large enough to go out into the Atlantic Ocean!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-07-2016, 10:09 PM
Get over it, Range Rovers are the WORST constructed car on the market.....

I have a 2013 Land Rover Evoque. This is by far the worse car that I have ever had. This car has had the most issues and it's only 2 years old. My oxygen sensor light has been on since May. Dealer says I don't tighten my gas cap. What was I doing before then. Last week the vehicle wouldn't start, surely it's not the battery. I take it in for service and I'm told it's the battery and they can't tell me why all these warnings are popping up; battery is $350. I go get a battery installed but the car keeps saying gear box fault. From reading all the posts. I'm scared to drive it. My headlights don't work properly. I can only drive at night with my fog lights on. The service man says my battery would solve a lot. When does a battery fix headlights. Guess what? I have a new battery but my lights still don't work. I have been on the Internet for 4 hours. I see a new vehicle in my immediate future.

And changing the subject to pugs will not change this.
Did you not post the above, it says YOU have a 2013 Land rover evoque and now you say you don't wtf are you on?
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-07-2016, 10:09 PM
Ah you didn't read far enough ...

"Despite this progress, pollution remains a major issue. A 2014 report titled “State of the Nation’s River,” released by the Potomac Conservancy, expressed worry about continued contributors to river pollution, including aging sewage infrastructure and the disappearance of healthy forests, which prevent runoff.

read, r u serious
Page 31 of 57 « First < 21 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 41 > Last »