View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2009, 04:53 PM
Yes my Mum and Dad already has 4 cavs ex breeders from Wales.
And if anyone will pull Izzy through will be my Dad
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-02-2009, 10:14 AM
Hi Kc glad to hear the bitches are doing well.

There was no mention in you first post about collecting dogs on behalf of a rescue but you have indicated this since . I though you might be working as an independent person when 'rescuing' ex breeding bitches and possibly paying the PFs for them hence the questions about the difference between buying puppies from a PF and buying bitches.

When you joined us you had bought a cross bred dog aged 6 months from someone who couldn't cope with him and I understand from some people you were making enquiries about using him at stud .

People who work for the larger rescues (what constitutes a rescue, one person could technically call themselves a rescue) are usually against breeding yet more dogs hence my confusion and thinking you might be rescuing dogs as an individual and paying puppy farmers rather than working on behalf of a rescue.

ETA Apologies for the confusion, I have absolutely nothing against the excellent work done by the large rescues or their taking on (but not paying for) ex breeding bitches though this does raise some questions including why the PFs allow some dogs to be re homed by rescues when so many are clearly just killed and do all rescues do their best to document evidence about PFs and pass it on to the relevant authorities . I thought originally the PFs may be trying to buy silence but now think some dogs may be too far gone to rehome /rehoming all ex breeding stock would reveal the true extent of the trade/the rescues couldn't cope with the all the ex breeding stock the numbers are too great.
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Hi Kc glad to hear the bitches are doing well.

There was no mention in you first post about collecting dogs on behalf of a rescue but you have indicated this since . I though you might be working as an independent person when 'rescuing' ex breeding bitches and possibly paying the PFs for them hence the questions about the difference between buying puppies from a PF and buying bitches.

When you joined us you had bought a cross bred dog aged 6 months from someone who couldn't cope with him and I understand from some people you were making enquiries about using him at stud .

People who work for the larger rescues (what constitutes a rescue, one person could technically call themselves a rescue) are usually against breeding yet more dogs hence my confusion and thinking you might be rescuing dogs as an individual and paying puppy farmers rather than working on behalf of a rescue.

ETA Apologies for the confusion, I have absolutely nothing against the excellent work done by the large rescues or their taking on (but not paying for) ex breeding bitches though this does raise some questions including why the PFs allow some dogs to be re homed by rescues when so many are clearly just killed and do all rescues do their best to document evidence about PFs and pass it on to the relevant authorities . I thought originally the PFs may be trying to buy silence but now think some dogs may be too far gone to rehome /rehoming all ex breeding stock would reveal the true extent of the trade/the rescues couldn't cope with the all the ex breeding stock the numbers are too great.
I can assure you Mini I never had any intention of studding Kato I asked that question to prove a point about someone else breeding a patchy dog and I was proved right but I guess will haunt me for ever.
I bought Kato of a private rehome for less than 25% of what she paid as her next step was a rescue anyway.
I work full time for a rescue, I worked for them for 2 years then had a break and worked at vets and fostered for springer welfare but went back to the rescue full time at xmas.
It is one of those things I think when you have been heavily involved your in for life.
Meg
Supervisor

14-02-2009, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by kcjack View Post
I can assure you Mini I never had any intention of studding Kato I asked that question to prove a point about someone else breeding a patchy dog and I was proved right but I guess will haunt me for ever.
I bought Kato of a private rehome for less than 25% of what she paid as her next step was a rescue anyway.
I work full time for a rescue, I worked for them for 2 years then had a break and worked at vets and fostered for springer welfare but went back to the rescue full time at xmas.
It is one of those things I think when you have been heavily involved your in for life.
Hi Kc that is certainly the impression you gave to me at the time you posted about it and I guess from the post of others they got that impression too .

It might have been a good idea to make your motives clear at the time (maybe you did and I missed it ) then there would not have been any confusion in peoples minds to 'haunt you'
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 12:31 PM
Hi Kc that is certainly the impression you gave to me at the time you posted about it and I guess from the post of others they got that impression too .

It might have been a good idea to make your motives clear at the time (maybe you did and I missed it ) then there would not have been any confusion in peoples minds to 'haunt you'
Firstly I work non stop for rescue and get no money so if I did want to stud Kato I would of as I do more than my fair share for rescue and would not of felt guilty the amount of dogs I save. But I would never ever breed and anyone that knows me knows that and they only ones I worry about.

You know as well as I do I was trying to prove a point with JK and could hardly put "I am posting this to prove a point and catch you out"
Meg
Supervisor

14-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by kcjack View Post
Firstly I work non stop for rescue and get no money so if I did want to stud Kato I would of as I do more than my fair share for rescue and would not of felt guilty the amount of dogs I save. But I would never ever breed and anyone that knows me knows that and they only ones I worry about.

You know as well as I do I was trying to prove a point with JK and could hardly put "I am posting this to prove a point and catch you out"
KC I personally think when someone is working for a rescue and speaks on their behalf if is important to be crystal clear in their intentions.

Many rescues are very much against cross breeding dogs and would not like a person who speaks for a rescue indicating that they purchased a cross breed dog with the intention of breeding from it.

I don't know you at all so don't know that you would not breed from a cross breed or any dog ,and if you indicate otherwise what am I to assume?
Neither do I know you were trying to prove a point, I don't recall you saying this at the time.

The reason I say all this KC is there are some very good rescues doing an excellent job and it is not fair to them if some people who work for rescues give the wrong impression about them.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 01:20 PM
What has this got to do with KC going to Wales to get the ex-breeders? Hardly related!

Shouldn't we try to stay on topic
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 01:46 PM
KC I personally think when someone is working for a rescue and speaks on their behalf if is important to be crystal clear in their intentions.

Many rescues are very much against cross breeding dogs and would not like a person who speaks for a rescue indicating that they purchased a cross breed dog with the intention of breeding from it.

I don't know you at all so don't know that you would not breed from a cross breed or any dog ,and if you indicate otherwise what am I to assume?
Neither do I know you were trying to prove a point, I don't recall you saying this at the time.

The reason I say all this KC is there are some very good rescues doing an excellent job and it is not fair to them if some people who work for rescues give the wrong impression about them.
Sounds like a personal petty attack but will respond.

I dont breed never have never will, end of why dont you pick faults with people on this forum who actually do breed cross breeds will look forward to seeing you critique these people.
My opinions are that of Kcjack (myself) have never spoke on behalf of the rescue.
The rescue I work for is a superb 1st class rescue and we take all the dogs all the other rescues wont touch with a bargepole as they such expensive vet bills.
I have had a few tiffs on this site but not sure whats the point staying as am feeling a huge backlash and seems this site is very anti-rescue and I cannot understand why you so anti rescue. Is this site pro-breeders and rescues defer from that?

It seems the mentors all have issues with rescues this cant be good.
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 02:01 PM
I have asked Azz to bin rescues details to go on Dogsey as feel its very anti rescue and dont want potential adopters reading th evitrile of some anti rescue people.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 02:03 PM
Honestly KC, I really feel for you. The backlash you've got from actually helping two little girls that sound like they wouldn't have lasted much longer, is amazing. The majority of people on here are very grateful and admire what you've done. There will always be a few that can't help but get their claws out
Page 9 of 15 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »