Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2010, 12:12 PM

Just an update on Georgieboy

He's doing so much better this past week, since I cut down his exercise!

He only gets his early morning 40 min walk, he's a lot faster on it now, he even trots to keep up sometimes and gets excited sometimes too when I throw the ball for Zena (coz he used to have one until she came along!), although he wouldn't have a hope in hell of running after it, he does jump up sometimes when I throw it, and I haven't seen him do that for many, many months.

I haven't persued it further with the vet after that urine test which came back fine, because he's stopped drinking as much water, and he hasn't had any sloppy poo's since last November, so no worries there thank goodness.

On the down side, due to his muscle loss on his rear end (which looks very thin and scraggy now, especially that poor tail ), when he walks through the lounge at night to go and lie outside on the decking, I have noticed he's gone kind of "short" behind, and this is a dog who has never, ever showed any hind leg problems, quite the opposite in fact, he always tracked up well with them and pushed himself forward, but I have noticed a slight change there, although he gets up brilliantly, and there's a lot to lift when he does! Plus he can still jump into the car even after that 40 min. walk, so there can't be too much of a problem there, but I'm ready to grab him if he doesn't quite make it lol!

So, all in all, a good turnabout for me I think, how long he's got left, I just don't know, he's a big dog for a 12 year old shepherd, and I'm surprised he does as well as he does, but that's probably because the other little rascal keeps him going! Although I'd resigned myself to thinking he wouldn't be around for much longer, I think I can safely think again now Phew!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2010, 12:23 PM
Thats lovely you still have your boy, Long may it continue. So pleased for you

Rosie - little angel forever in my heart. Oct 99 - 11 Jun 2010
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2010, 12:27 PM
Thankyou, and I hope you're coping ok too, I know how hard it's going to be for you for a while yet, but thankfully I've got lucky this time.xxx
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2010, 12:30 PM
Aw thats lovely to hear, Georgie will always be a favourite of mine on here and it is very sad when we see our oldies getting a little frayed round the edges, but hes had a brilliant life with you , keep taking stregnth from your lovely memories of Georgie and the new ones he makes during these lazy summer days... give him a big kiss and cuddle from me please Helena xxxxxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2010, 12:32 PM
Awww thanks Elaine That's a lovely expression about him too, coz he really does look a bit frayed around the edges, bless his heart!

I keep stopping on our morning walk, and I get down and give him a big hug while he sits down for a little rest, then the ball gets plonked at my feet, and sometimes, if he's lucky, he gets a kiss planted on his nose from his girlfriend, aka Zena! That is sooooo sweet when I see that!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2010, 01:11 PM
That's brilliant news....so lovely to hear that he has bounced back so well. He is such a good age anyway and to still be enjoying his walks and life in general is fantastic.

Huge (((hugs))) to the old chap and to the darling Zena too xxx
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2010, 01:25 PM
Woo hoo go Georgie, that is brilliant news Helena you must be so happy, it is great to hear he is doing so well with a few adjustments to you, Georgie and Zena xxxx
Penry
Dogsey Senior
Male 

15-06-2010, 01:25 PM
H.

I am sooooo glad my Gorgeous Georgie Boy is okay.

x x x x x x x x
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2010, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the update H - I'm so glad that things have 'settled' for now and he seems pretty good. I hope it stays good for ages and ages - enjoy each other.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2010, 01:34 PM
oh thats so great to hear so pleased for you!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »