Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2006, 06:52 PM

Bach Flower Remedy - anyone used it?

I have used this on my horse and it seemed to work, and the dog on firework night, when it didn't seem to work, but I just wondered if anyone has experience of using it on themselves to calm them down??? I get a bit flustered about flying (due to a bad experience which put me off a bit) and I was thinking of using some of this on myself? Anyone actually had experience of it working on themselves?? Otherwise, I shall have to go in the bar, but 7.00 am. is NOT good!!! and being a non-drinker it's even worse!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2006, 06:53 PM
yes i have used it ...its ok not a miracle worker so just takes the edge off things ..valium on the other hand is great .LOL
only joking
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2006, 07:25 PM
Lol Inca, I'm not that bad, and I once went on that Valium (Librium actually)but I felt so weird and spaced out I didn't bother after the first day. So you reckon it might calm my nerves a bit then, coz I do get nervous..... ooooeerr!!
murphydog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-06-2006, 07:41 PM
hi i have used these i use the rescue remedy for my dog when there is a thunder storm or on bonfire nite and i think it works!! i have used it on myself when i have been stressed or anxious and is has worked i think? ps i also use valium on bonfire nite!!!!!!
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2006, 07:42 PM
i used to use the rescue remedy for when i was going on a driving lesson, i used to get so nervous, was a rubbish driver any way LOL. but the remedy worked it calmed me down.
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2006, 07:45 PM
I used it once, but it didn't seem to do anything. Have you tried the Kalms tablets, herbal ones from chemists or supermarkets, I know my Mum used to swear by them.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2006, 11:51 AM
Thanks for all the advice then folks, I will give it a go, but I'm off to purchase some of those Kalms too (thanks Gill! ) I sound like a nervous wreck don't I!!!!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2006, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54
Thanks for all the advice then folks, I will give it a go, but I'm off to purchase some of those Kalms too (thanks Gill! ) I sound like a nervous wreck don't I!!!!

Do you mean the Rescue remedy by Bachs or is the flower one something else? I have tried the Rescue remedy although I had to have a few syringefuls of it but it seemed to be okay
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2006, 12:24 PM
Lol, well you would Foxy!! I am thinking of rigging up some kind of intravenous Did it work for you though??? I think it's the same thing, it's the Bach's Rescue Remedy spray, the flower one? I did a trial run with it this morning and didn't feel any different, but then I wasn't nervous going to work!!! Maybe it only works if you ARE in a nervous state?
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2006, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54
Lol, well you would Foxy!! I am thinking of rigging up some kind of intravenous Did it work for you though??? I think it's the same thing, it's the Bach's Rescue Remedy spray, the flower one? I did a trial run with it this morning and didn't feel any different, but then I wasn't nervous going to work!!! Maybe it only works if you ARE in a nervous state?

I don't know really - perhaps its one of those things that you feel it works cos you have taken something I got the spray one and the syringe one too for Benji at firework time last year but I think I use it more than he does

A bottle of Baileys might work
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >