Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 09:23 PM

Anybody used Bach Flower Remedies?

I've been looking for an alternative to using the DAP diffuser for Tilly & was recommended a bach flower remedy for fear aggressive dogs - A bit sceptical about all that type of stuff, but thought I'd give it a try - only been using it for 4 days -yes 4 days & the change in her is amazing!! She only turns into pyscho dog at night time when she guards the hall & launches at feet - but since Sunday she hasn't done it once at all!
It can be used on humans too (thinking of my moody teenage brats I'll be slipping a bit in their cocoa!!)

I got it here
http://holisticpetsupplies.co.uk/pro...roducts_id=110
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 10:15 PM
Yup my mum is training in it - and is hoping to work with dogs too
We have used it several times with Mia - when I first got her, fireworks times, when she was attacked
and I have always seen a step improvment in her behavior every time I use it

It just zonks Ben out
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Yup my mum is training in it - and is hoping to work with dogs too
We have used it several times with Mia - when I first got her, fireworks times, when she was attacked
and I have always seen a step improvment in her behavior every time I use it

It just zonks Ben out

Really!! How interesting for your mum! I read up a load of stuff I could find on it (well I googled it & am hooked on reading about it) I'm gobsmacked at how quickly it has affected Tilly's night time mood having put the drops on her evening meal. She's not zonked or anything, just seems more happy & chilled out & we can go barefoot
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 10:37 PM
Its excellent stuff and very reasonable, highly recommend it.
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2010, 09:35 AM
I've studied BFR under the only person in the world who is qualified by the Bach Centre to teach courses on the use of the remedies on animals. I did a weekend (3 day) course which only allows me to use them on my own animals, not to practice as a recognised BFR practitioner.

One of my good friends is a recognised practitioner & she has reported some excellent results on all sorts of animals. The only proviso I would add is that you have to have a good understanding of the animal as you have to be able to know the emotional state in order to choose the correct remedy or combination of remedies. It is, therefore, relatively easy to choose the remedies for your own animals if you have a reasonable knowledge of that species behaviour. But to recommend or prescribe remedies for other peoples' animals requires a more in depth knowledge of behavioural problems.

I always use Rescue Remedy for my dogs for a few days prior to going on holiday & whilst we are away as I'm sure it helps them cope with the changes in routine. We just put a few drops in the dog's communal water bowl.

The good thing about BFR is that if you choose the wrong remedies, nothing awful happens, in fact, nothing really happens at all! But if you choose the right remedies & stick with it for a few days, you may start to see some great results. Combined with behavioural work, BFR can really help a dog with emotional problems.

They can work with any species, including goldfish & plants too!

If anyone is interested in doing a course please PM me & I'll send you the details.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2010, 10:29 AM
It was our vet who recommended rescuevremedy when all else failed & it was brilliant.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-05-2010, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
I've been looking for an alternative to using the DAP diffuser for Tilly & was recommended a bach flower remedy for fear aggressive dogs - A bit sceptical about all that type of stuff, but thought I'd give it a try - only been using it for 4 days -yes 4 days & the change in her is amazing!! She only turns into pyscho dog at night time when she guards the hall & launches at feet - but since Sunday she hasn't done it once at all!
It can be used on humans too (thinking of my moody teenage brats I'll be slipping a bit in their cocoa!!)

I got it here
http://holisticpetsupplies.co.uk/pro...roducts_id=110
I've purchased many products from that website in the past - they are very good and dispatch is very quick.
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2010, 10:46 AM
Just ordered some travel sickness stuff for Raina to see if it helps and some show shy for Ela to see if it helps boost her confidence.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2010, 11:00 AM
It took over a week for mine to come but when I emailed to ask where it was, it arrived the next day - I def think the fear agression one is the right one for her as the thing she is doing is a classic "I'm gonna get you before you get me" especially to the kids who predict she is going to get their feet & act all nervous!
montysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-05-2010, 12:30 PM
I used BFR as well as homoeopathy on my last dog with really good results.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »