Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ticketann
New Member!
Female 

19-08-2009, 09:53 AM

Bach remedies

I love the thought of using Bach Flower Remedies, but I would love to know other peoples' opinions as to whether they actually help or not. I'm not trying to replace training by the way, I just want to help it along
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2009, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by ticketann View Post
I love the thought of using Bach Flower Remedies, but I would love to know other peoples' opinions as to whether they actually help or not. I'm not trying to replace training by the way, I just want to help it along
i have always used 'rescue remedy' but not for training,how do you think bach remedies will help with training?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-08-2009, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by ticketann View Post
Rescue remedy , is extremely good.. I use it on myself and my dogs... give it to Millie when she goes to the vets.

used to give it to a Horse (bad traveller) and myself

Is it for yourself to calm you down in when training??
ticketann
New Member!
Female 

19-08-2009, 02:23 PM
There are a few books that talk about using specific remedies to help address specific problems e.g. bullying behaviour, lack of confidence, lack of ability to learn - yes these can be problems the dog has, not just my problems. My young dog has been rehomed and still has a few 'issues', I'm aware that you can go to someone trained in using the remedies, but money is an issue and I want to do it myself, he's been on it for a week, I'm not sure that I have great faith in ever seeing positive results this way I just wanted to hear if anyone has used them and had results from them.
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-08-2009, 04:00 PM
How do you give them the rescue remedy? It might be good for Maggie for when we do the loooong car drive to Cornwall.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2009, 06:10 PM
My mum is training as a Bach therapist and has been making up remidies to help out Mia
- of course along with training

I have noticed improvments in her a week or so after starting a new lot of remidy - its not a magic fix but it does seem to help

Mia actually loves it and I used to just get her to lick the drops off the pippette but I worried about germs so I stick a few drops in her water - or on her dinner if the dogs are sharing water.
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-08-2009, 12:28 PM
I use rescue remedy for Poppy leading up to fireworks night, just a few drops in her water.