Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2005, 08:09 AM
Oh I do hope that the dog doesn't have to pay for this kids mistake
Why is it that thugs can go round battering people and get community service and a dog whose only defence is to bite gets hauled to the vets as soon as it puts a foot wrong If the dog was an absolutely savage uncontrollable dog and was known for biting people I could understand but as the lad probably isn't too badly hurt then I think that steps should be taken by his parents to make sure he doesn't make the same mistake again, maybe put a higher fence up or something, if a dog can't have some peace in its own garden where can it have peace I remember being bitten by my sisters friends whippets when I was only about 4 but I don't even think my sister told my mum If my little girl was nipped by a dog and as long as it wasn't serious (like it had took her nose off or something) then there is no way I would insist on the dog being pts and especially if it was in its own garden and she was trespassing.
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

28-08-2005, 08:25 AM
With respect to criminal trespassers, I think that the law has moved too far in favour of the criminal - the criminal has taken civil action against (sued) the dog owner.

Even the Guard Dogs Act 1975 says:

It is an offence to use or permit the use of a guard dog on any premises unless the handler, who is capable of controlling him, is present on the premises and the dog is under control. The dog must be secured so that he is not at liberty to go about the premises. A warning that a guard dog is present must be clearly exhibited at each entrance to the premises.

Whatever happened to an Englishman's home is his castle ?
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2005, 10:16 AM
when we had the farm in Wales - before we moved to Ireland - we were categorically told by the police and the council (as we lived above a rouch estate and were often getting hassle) that we could have guard dogs roaming the premises, provided that notices warning people of that were clearly visible at all boundaries. And it was a public right of way! Don't know what i mean by this post, lol... it doesn't comment on any of the thread before really - except Royv's. Not arguing Royv, just saying what we were told! It wouldn't surprise me if our police and council were wrong though. >

In my opinion, dogs should be trialled similarly to humans. They should not be PTS for one incident without any sort of trial. I mean, I would have gladly encouraged our lot to bite the monsters that used to regularly come up from the estate for the sole purpose of shooting at the horses and dogs etc. *wants to swear*.

xx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2005, 01:00 PM
Kazz - do you know if anything happened about this? How are the kid and dog?
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2