View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kirstie b
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-11-2004, 01:17 PM
Jas used to eat other dogs poo when he was about a yr old his favourite was his best pal a greyhound bitch the same age as him - everytime he saw her go he'd charge over like he was stealing food from her and eat it as it dropped :smt078 the poor greyhound could have easily got a complex as everytime she went I would be yelling NO at Jas, one time he was a bit too quick though and ended up with a big turd on his head
sorry just had to share
hopefully changing Hectors diet will do the trick
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2004, 03:16 PM
I used to have problems with Storm when I fed her Iams puppy food. She used to have an upset tum all the time

I changed her to a different food, and it sorted it out.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2004, 03:42 PM
Looks like all that animal testing is producing really quality food
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2004, 03:56 PM
not sure really why this happens I have 4 dogs all fed the same ...one will eat poo the other 3 don't? could it more a dirty habit than medical ..any info would be interesting
Mossford
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-11-2004, 07:59 PM
My goldie is a horror for eating dog mess, when out I have to keep a firm eye on him, he is getting older now and it happens less often thankfully.
Now my little JRT,has started. So back to square one again.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2004, 08:02 PM
Luna and Bella dont eat dog poo, but will happily eat cat poo....

YUK!!!!!!
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

05-11-2004, 08:39 PM
Try Pascoes all in one complete chicken, its all natural and is the only one that worked for Rocky who also used to have runny poos. Also, it's been working a bit better for Kirsty and Chester too
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2004, 02:28 AM
Kirstie B that was hillarious...lol...oh that did make me laugh! so thanks for sharing as gross as it was!!

Hectorsmum...I know just how you feel...

My pup Keena has had loose poop problems almost the whole time...Sometimes she would be ok at home when she went but I had never picked up a normal poop while out on a walk with her...I guess I could have picked one up if i really wanted to but it would have had to of been someone elses...lol...Until just two days ago everytime while out on a walk just minuets into it she would make her usual liquid poop, always enjoyed having to scoop that up!...But anyway I thought it was never going to end until she has actually made a proper turd and has done twice now in the last day or two...I make everyone laugh at home because I was so excited about it...lol...but it means so much to think how much easier it will be to clear up after her out and about...It's not much fun when your dog squats in the middle of the street for all to see and has diarreoh, thankfully she would wait most the time till we got to the beach and it was easy to clear up but still there was always the odd occasion and it would be in someones driveway and all i was armed with was one poop sack and not a hope of getting it all up...That aside it was always worrying why she was having that be a continual problem...

I don't know if she is actually over it but just having a day without it being a problem was good...I used to feed her James Wellbeloved as it was hypoallergenic but she ended up not eating it after a while and we were forced to change food so I put her on Nutro choice large breed puppy still including naturediet that she has always had and it seems to have helped out alot, it took about 3 weeks or more to have an effect but she seems to be doing better on that....

Keena also eats animal crap and I hate that she does that...she has never eaten dog poop though mostly cuz i think she hates most dog food so it figures, she does go to the same spot in the yard though where she knows the cat burries his and she digs it up to eat that so I have to get there first and clear it if she is having a phase with doing that...She also makes a beeline for horse or cow and sheep S**t!...makes me so mad. I just don't even know what I would do if she did eat her own or other dogs though especially while it was being produced!! Oh enough already...lol

Maybe the pup has collitus?...One thing is with Keena being a puppy and exploring is that she sometimes steals the most ridiculous of things too eat toilet paper or such like being her favorit, she has eaten my mums tights which was the worst and as much as we stop her she still gets away with the odd stupid thing and I know eating such undigestable things has to have aggravated her tummy.

Anyway Hope it gets better for you soon!
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

06-11-2004, 08:17 AM
Hi, for the poop eating try adding a couple of slices of fresh pineapple to his food, might take a couple of weeks to work tho. My lot used to do it till I fed them raw & the p/apple helped stope them.
I`d have him checked by vet just to make sure, his poop shouldn`t be smelly & grey/green. Try adding some live bio naatural youghurt to his food.
Christine
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-11-2004, 02:28 PM
hectorsmum
it may be the food but leo's do have sensitive tums.
tob is the same if they get some thing that they shouldn't have had it doesn't take a lot to change the other end.tob is on eukanuba pup/junior and has been ok but if you give him to many treats etc in 24 hours it can change it.
its just learning what he can take in qty.
the only other food our vets said for him was hills science food for him growing correctly and type of dog he is.
i think its just a faze with his age as tob got better with time.
before you all say i shouldn't feed my dog on eukanuba it suits him and me and he has grown well on it and i do not intend to change his diet and i will be feeding my new girl on it too.
i can respect your points on this food but then i hope you can also respect my choice of food as well.

they state leo's should be kept on the pup food for at least 18 months upto 2 years then change to adult food.
he is now coming up to 20 months and still on it i will change him at 2 there is some barf owners of leos and i know of 1 in the club that would help if you want her details to try hector on barf.she has 3 girls and they look good so she cant be getting if wrong.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >