Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-07-2010, 12:11 PM

The "Teacup brigade"

Are getting worse and worse, upon the train yesterday I could hear a dog growling but couldn't for the life of me figure out where it was, when out of the handbag on the ladies lap beside me shout a snarling "teacup teddy bear pom" which she "paid over a thousand for as he's just so precious" when really it looked like a badly bred longcoat chi but with a sheltie type face.
Another instance was in the vets with one of the poorly mogs last week and a wag wannabe type was boasting at the desk how she paid fifteen hundred pound for a teacup jackshiapoo who she was worried was going to get too big so she'd "ordered" a teacup "exclusively bred sharon osbourne type white pomeranian" who was coming home at five weeks to be extra small, just so incase the "teacup jackshiapoo" gets too large she's got at least one handbag dog..she went onto joke if they both stay small she alternate which one goes where with her.
Maybe i'm the only one who finds this whole attitude bizzare? But I haven't really encountered the teacup brigade till now other than the odd person with a chiuaha on a sparkly lead...
budskipup
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-07-2010, 12:24 PM
they keep the dog in the handbag? is there a special compartment in the handbag for the dog ,waterproof and washable , incase of accidents .I feel a dragons den moment coming on !!!!!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 12:31 PM
Ohh your not the only one believe me. Gets my back up big time! Alot of the unethical breeders, breeding toy breeds use 'tea cup size' as a selling point. Not that they know how big a wee pup will get and as for the stupied owners/buyers that fall for It more money than sense.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 12:36 PM
I think I've heard everything now
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-07-2010, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
I think I've heard everything now
And in the situation of the lady in the vets, please bear in mind the practise I use is quite all creatures great and small style of eccentric, and the vets work out on the farms a lot aswell as with domestic pets so are quite..."real" folk, and the head vet himself is an oldboy..very what what chocs away style Brit too, so I'm not sure what he'd have to say about a teacup jackshiapoo It's really ridiculous
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 12:48 PM
A female got on the bus with a pushchair (no way am I going to say lady - if you know what I mean). Hanging on the back of the pushchair was (among the carrier bags) a pink blingy bag with a yorkie puppy in it. Poor little soul.
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 01:47 PM
I have nothing against small dogs (not my cup of tea, but each to their own) but I don't like the 'culture' - if you can call it that - which seems to go with having them nowadays. I also don't like the fact that tiny dogs being carried everywhere, seems to be able to get into anywhere, but those of us with bigger dogs are barred from almost everywhere!
MarkAndOscar
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-07-2010, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
I also don't like the fact that tiny dogs being carried everywhere, seems to be able to get into anywhere, but those of us with bigger dogs are barred from almost everywhere!
I totally agree!

If I pick my lab up and walk into a shop im still going to get asked to leave!

I think it is a little cruel to keep a dog in a bag! Dogs are (IMHO) suposed to run around and get dirty!

Oh well ... Each to their own!

Mark And Oscar
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by MarkAndOscar View Post

If I pick my lab up and walk into a shop im still going to get asked to leave!
Oh I would love to see you do this!! Right beside someone with a dog in a bag!! Fair point though. Someone once said you should treat your little dog the way you would a large dog and only allow it do to what you would allow a large dog to do. Good advice I thought!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 03:15 PM
You saying that, I watched that blonde bimbo, young megabucks, female being interviewed on the tv last week as she laid on the bed with her handbag dog on her lap, a little white pom I think, and the state of it's little eyes was quite disgusting, the stains had been left and left and left, staining it's little face something chronic I wish I could have done that to her overpainted face!!!!! Can't think of her name, but you'll know who I mean I'm sure!!!!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »