Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2010, 07:43 PM

Honey's putting on weight

I took a pic of Honey today, and noticed that she is putting weight on, so before it gets to be a problem I'm going to have to work with her to get it off, to show you what I mean I've put a photo of her normally, and the photo that I took today, to me I can see a big difference in her, can you??

Normal.

Two photos from today.

So there is a benefit of taking way too many photos, as now I've seen a bit of a weight gain on her, which I probally wouldn't of noticed otherwise I can work with her to get back in shape before any sort of problems arise

(P.s I didn't know which thread icon to use, or if this in the right place, hopefully it is, but if not sorry )
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2010, 07:52 PM
i can see it, but its only very slight. its something i always look for with jake lol, i want to make sure he stays nice and lean
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2010, 07:57 PM
It could be camera angle or the lighting
Her ribs aren't so noticable in the last two, Mo often looks like that but she soon looses it again after a few days running.
Have you weighed her? It's the first thing hubby does if I say Mo has put on weight, often I'm wrong
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2010, 07:58 PM
I can see a slight difference. At the mo I think she looks great but its always easier to keep on top of it rather than have loads of weight to loose
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2010, 08:06 PM
I haven't got any scales here, they're banned, the dogs may have to be the right weight, but I don't and I don't need to see that lol, so unless I get to the vets I don't really know what she weighs, but she feels heavier when I pick her up , but she's only a small thing anyway, she's about 24in tts and her ideal weight is 26kg, normally just under, which is around what she is in the top pic. But she hasn't been allowed off lead for a few days, because of a injury to her paw, so thats not been helping

And as you say LB and BMFL its only slight, but I want to keep her at a good weight, and not let it progress
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2010, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
I haven't got any scales here, they're banned, the dogs may have to be the right weight, but I don't and I don't need to see that lol, so unless I get to the vets I don't really know what she weighs, but she feels heavier when I pick her up , but she's only a small thing anyway, she's about 24in tts and her ideal weight is 26kg, normally just under, which is around what she is in the top pic. But she hasn't been allowed off lead for a few days, because of a injury to her paw, so thats not been helping

And as you say LB and BMFL its only slight, but I want to keep her at a good weight, and not let it progress
I must measure Mo tomorrow, I haven't got a clue how tall she is but she only weighs 19kg.
Lol at the scales
lotsforus
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-01-2010, 08:56 PM
I think she looks to thin in the first Picture. She is not fat in the ones you took today as you can still see a bit of rib.
Is there any reason for wanting to keep her thin.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2010, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by lotsforus View Post
I think she looks to thin in the first Picture. She is not fat in the ones you took today as you can still see a bit of rib. Is there any reason for wanting to keep her thin.
That shes a longdog the first photo is her at her ideal weight for health and type so thats why I want to keep her like that.
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2010, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by lotsforus View Post
I think she looks to thin in the first Picture. She is not fat in the ones you took today as you can still see a bit of rib.
Is there any reason for wanting to keep her thin.
yea i prefer her in the second 2 pics, i didn't think you were ment to be able to see the ribs? or is it different for some breeds??
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2010, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by kirsty_ View Post
yea i prefer her in the second 2 pics, i didn't think you were ment to be able to see the ribs? or is it different for some breeds??
Shes a cross of two sighthounds, a greyhound and a saluki so you should be able to see the ribs if you can't then the dog is over weight, I know of a rescue who said that the last three ribs should b visable in a lurcher, but Honey in the first pic is at her ideal weight from speaking to the vets, people who work their dogs and also the rescue say that her weight is ok as everydog is different if my Lurcher looked like that then he would be underweight but Honey the longdog is fine
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >