Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2006, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
don't make the mistake of telling them they are for your dog or all hell is let loose......
hehheh-like the LOOKS I got in Mothercare when I told the staff that the car window signs "Princess On Board" that I was buying were for my female Jack Russell
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2006, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by Zetacharlie
hehheh-like the LOOKS I got in Mothercare when I told the staff that the car window signs "Princess On Board" that I was buying were for my female Jack Russell
I bet they thought you was a nutter

No seriously Boots won't sell you ANYTHING if its for an animal. They asked me once who the allergy tablets were for and I said the dog and they wouldn't sell them to me. Same with some immodium for my guinea pig - they said there was no way they can sell medicines for animals cos they aren't licenced and if I wanted it I would have to get a prescription off the vet (it was Saturday afternoon) always lie and tell them its for you or they won't let you have them
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

16-08-2006, 03:23 PM
I have used Piriton for years on the recommendation of my vet.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2006, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
I bet they thought you was a nutter

No seriously Boots won't sell you ANYTHING if its for an animal. They asked me once who the allergy tablets were for and I said the dog and they wouldn't sell them to me. Same with some immodium for my guinea pig - they said there was no way they can sell medicines for animals cos they aren't licenced and if I wanted it I would have to get a prescription off the vet (it was Saturday afternoon) always lie and tell them its for you or they won't let you have them
Thats easy, don't tell them- mind you my local Boots have sold me medication knowing it is for a dog, what they nor anyone else should do is proscribe for someone elses dog, unless they are a vet.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2006, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by Pita
Thats easy, don't tell them- mind you my local Boots have sold me medication knowing it is for a dog, what they nor anyone else should do is proscribe for someone elses dog, unless they are a vet.
Well I don't tell them now but the first time I got them I didn't realise they were so strict on these matters - now I just say they are for me if they ask. Had a problem a couple of months ago with a guinea pig and in my guinea pig book it told me to get some immodium from the chemist - totally forgot about the rule and told them what it was for and they bluntly refused to sell it.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2006, 05:44 PM
Proscribed? prescribed, not sure what I mean but was trying to say that it is against the law to give someone elses animal a medication as only vets and owners can do that.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2006, 05:49 PM
Proscribed? prescribed, not sure what I mean but was trying to say that it is against the law to give someone elses animal a medication as only vets and owners can do that.
But I was the owner of the dog and guinea pig and they still wouldn't sell the medication to me
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2006, 05:51 PM
Well, suppose that is up to them but it sounds a 'jobs worth' to me.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2006, 05:57 PM
Well, suppose that is up to them but it sounds a 'jobs worth' to me.
I think its just their policy - haven't noticed small branch chemists doing this at all. They just say they are not licensed to sell products for animals.
akwajazz
New Member!
Female 

14-04-2009, 06:21 AM
Please dont give dogs immodium !! My yorkie was very ill with it when I tried to stop his diahorrea.. be careful.. Dogs are different to us ..
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >