Our sister sites
Our sister sites
joboniface
New Member!
Female 

13-10-2012, 04:47 PM

Changing dogs diet

Hello all!

Am a newbie here, I have a 5 year old rescue pup, she is a chorkie ( chi cross yorkie )

It has taken her a long time to come round to actually eating food and not being fussy, she was in a bad way when found in a puppy farm and food was restricted and all the dogs there had to fight for it as it was just thrown over a the top of the cage.

Anyway she is all happy now and it has taken me a long time to actually get her to eat anything.

Now her tastes are no longer fussy as i believe she knows she will get food, I want to get her onto a better quality diet.

At first she would only eat Butchers from normal supermarkets and only the loaf kind. I could not get any dry food in her at all. Recently I have been requesting samples of many different dry foods to see if i can tempt her.

She loved Bob and Lush food and I ordered some wet food from them as there was a good offer and the meat content is very good on thier wet food. She wolfed it down. I have also been gradually introducing veg and ideally i would love to get her on dry kibble and veg as a complete diet.

Bob and Lush Kibble is £40 for 7.5kg but as she is tiny the piece are quite big for her mouth.

I have been looking at the Royal Canin Breed Kibble, both yorkie and chihuahua, the chuhuahua one is good for ussy dogs with sensitve stomachs, and seems the better option.

Has anyone used this on their fussy chi?

And also if anyone else wants to have a look at the content of meat etc on the Bob and Lush website it is here. http://www.bobandlush.com

I think I am opting for the Royal Canin one, as it seems good, the protien content seems a little less but it seems designed more for the breed she is. It is also a tiny bit cheaper per KG (I know that no expense should be spared with my pup but every little helps!)

Anyways any thoughts you can give would be great!

Was also reading threads on the Pets AT Home Advanced Nutrition and they all seemed bad!

Help with dry kibble please!

Jo

xxx

p.s here is my lovely Tilly finally happy and healthy

joboniface
New Member!
Female 

13-10-2012, 04:49 PM
Ok well the photo didn't work but I will work out how it does!