Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2013, 06:15 AM

Tuesday Morning Daily

8 days to go.

Morning everyone

Well I am up and about - just about to take Bella out and then have a shower and off to work on a fire safety course - should be interesting.

Then tonight off to get a bit of shopping done "PRESENTS" what else but not a lot left to get. May even arrange to go for a curry with a friend depends on what she has on.

Also got to arrange - correction - clarify a Christmas get together on Sunday although I would like to go to the Carol service on Sunday - times clash may see if anyone fancies the carol service first......

Popped over to my Aunts last night and discovered her coat is to long in the arm so brought it back to be adapted.
Also sorted out her TV - I am not technical but got it going/think when the workmen fixed the phone they unplugged something.... must admit no idea what just followed common sense. Then popped next door to the elderly couple there see if they are okay (they are in their 90's) and fetched them and my Aunt fish and chips. Neither of them go out after dark.

So here I go, got my jeans and warm coat on and off I go. See you all later - I HAVE to put the lights up tonight.

Seems weird going out in the morning........not used to this.

So thought I would start the thread. Hope no one minds.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2013, 06:59 AM
Morning Kazz, and everyone, lovely that you've put the thread up for us all this morning, as I will reitterate that it's a free for all for anyone who's up first to get it up and running, it doesn't belong to me and Lynn, it's a free for all

How thoughtful of you to pop into those elderley neighbours when visiting your aunt last night, especially doing the fish and chip run for them, I'm sure they really appreciated it.

Enjoy your day working, but when playing with fire be careful.

I was up at 6 this morning, only because I was wide awake, but Zena's still in bed, she hasn't even been out yet.

I'm off to Asda for a few bits today, I'm going to get a stash of goodies for the maintenance guys up at the park cos they've been so helpful to us this year I want to give them a christmas gift. I know when I did this last time, they all went running into the office and dived in like a flock of vultures, so I'm sure it will be appreciated again.

Haven't looked outside yet, it's still dark I think, but I'll get out early as soon as it's light so I can make an earlier start to the shops.

Hope everyone is ok along with the doglets and enjoy your tuesday, hope you're not too busy, I know I won't be.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2013, 07:51 AM
Morning Kazz, H and all

Wow you sound busy Kazz. I haven't even written a card yet!

I hope Asda isn't too busy H.

Yesterday didn't go according to plan, the job centre doesn't open on Mondays so I will have to go another day to get the POA verified.

We did go and have coffee and cake so my cousin was quite happy with that. Also bought treats to go in the nice metal treat tin that the dogs have for christmas.

It's my first litter of basenji's birthday today, 8 years old how time flies. Happy birthday Rufus, Chico and Kia who still live with me and Arrow who lives with my daughter. They were a dream litter and I was truly blessed.

Rufus was top puppy in his breed 2006 and top male 2008, he won 10 Challenge certificates and 5 reserve including best dog in breed at Crufts 2008, Kia did me proud too winning 3 reserve challenge certificates. Chico just stayed home and kept everyone amused with his naughty antics. I never in my wildest dreams expected to do so much.

I must write my christmas cards today, can't put it off any longer!!

I hope evryone has a lovely day today!
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2013, 07:55 AM

Naughty pups, happy 8th birthday.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-12-2013, 08:18 AM
Morning Kazz thank you for doing the morning thread as Helena says it doesn't belong to us and anyone is welcome to start it off. You have a busy day ahead of you. I think I am coming to live near you when I get old I love fish and chips.
Morning Gerri happy birthday to your pups and they looked so cute with their frowns.
Job centre not open on a Monday for goodness sake what a bad example to set for people needing to find work.
Morning Helena Zena is enjoying those lie-ins lately. The workmen will love the gifts and it keeps them on side for next year.

I overslept today. Woke at 6.30 thought to myself just another half hour and next thing I know its gone 7.30.
I have to pop out later for some dog food. Other than that and tidying down here and walking Dillon I am having a quieter day. My cold seems to be returning.
I may venture up the road today its cleaner but I have to run the gauntlet of the the mastiff and the dane behind one gate barking and making a hell of a racket the spinning jumping dog and then coming down the other side the shepherd running the fence making frightening noises.
I do miss the two big guard dogs the other end of the village though. You never know they may be indoors as its wet and grim again.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2013, 08:44 AM
Hiya Kazz, nice to see you.
Morning MM (lovely pic) Helena and Lynn.
Chiropodist this morning, so I will dance my way through Christmas
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2013, 08:56 AM
Morning everyone

Kazz - How lovely of you to look out for your aunt and neighbours. I hope it isn't too cold today for your fire safety course.

Gerri - Sorry things didn't go to plan yesterday. Fancy the job centre not opening on a Monday.

Oh my goodness, those pups!

I'm going to try to finish off the Christmas cards today. It's not as if there are that many really, it's just time consuming. We've already missed the last post for the US - must get more organised!

Have a nice day everyone.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-12-2013, 08:59 AM

Happy 8th Birthday to the lovely Basenji's - cute as pups and just as gorgeous now!

Wow, what a difference the sun makes - seems incredible that it was soooo cold last night that we were warned to leave one of the hot taps open on a trickle to make sure that the solar panels did not shatter, and there was ice in the small bottle of water I keep beside my bed to say nothing of frozen shampoo and toothpaste
- yet it is glorious out now! I had to buzz over to the macolet as I was almost out of tissues and felt extremely over-dressed with all my layers on!

Is it just me or have tissues become much thinner these days? One sneeze and they disintegrate!

I hope all poorlies are feeling better today and that everyone has a really good day!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2013, 09:19 AM
Good morning Kazz and fellow members,

I didn't fall asleep until after 3 this morning which was just a blooming nuisance 'cos I'm still tired now so will try and have a quick 'shut-eye' this afternoon. Today I'll mostly be wrapping presents .... walking the dogs and going to buy some butter as we've run out and I forgot it yesterday We are a butterless house and OH isn't happy as he's had to have porridge in stead .

Kazz What a nice surprise to see you opening the thread What a busy time you are having Have a good sleep.
Helena Enjoy your Dillon walk .... wet later so get out there soon if you want to avoid it. Good idea to keep those 'workmen' sweet with gifts Enjoy your day.
Moet I'm sure you'll get your cards done .... you've still got a couple more days before the last posting date. Happy 8th Birthday to that stunning and very successful litter. I loved the little wrinkled faces You quite rightly must be so proud
Nippy I hope the chiropodist appt goes well ... you'll have a spring in your step later.
LS Oooh I'm ahead of you now on the xmas cards ... I've written all mine and posted them. Just some to hand deliver now
Malka I'm glad your cold is getting better now and you're right tissues do disintegrate very quickly.

Off to buy some butter now and then walk the dogs.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2013, 09:25 AM
Thanks all.

I couldn't believe the job centre wasn't open. At least 3 people arrived at the same time as me. It's ridiculous!
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »