Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2012, 03:45 AM
Originally Posted by STGSD View Post
HAHA I was the same, thinking how did he go from food to parrot!?
So does this mean the sale of Parrots will go up?
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2012, 03:50 AM
Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
I was very surprised to watch how it panned out!
Very proud of AT I hope he doesn't get sued or in trouble.

What was all that about the parrot?
"I use food sometimes" ...and then tells a story about a parrot " helping" in a case??
Does this mean the sale of Parrots will go up?
jeagibear
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-10-2012, 07:11 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I thought AT was brilliant. He wouldn't back down from his direct line of questioning and you could see how uncomfortable, and taken by surprise, CM was. Fabulous TV

(I just feel a tiny bit sorry for CM's agent or whoever set the interview up, as I bet they got an absolute roasting after the show).
Don't!! They get the Big Bucks. They can now take the Big Kicks!!
alys
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-10-2012, 07:34 AM
It's covered in the Daily Mail!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-10-2012, 07:36 AM
Wish I could have watched it. I like AT and hate CM - better not say any more.
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-10-2012, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by alys View Post
It's covered in the Daily Mail!
Oh good, my CM loving friend reads it, perhaps she'll see it's not just me that thinks he's a plank.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2012, 11:39 AM
It's in the express too sadly a lot of comments pro CM and disgusted at AT.
RROOBB
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-10-2012, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by RROOBB View Post
I'm just saying that Spun Gold played a dirty game in order to get publicity and viewings.
Not to be an 'I told you so' type of person, but this article in the Daily Mail is just what Spun Gold were looking for.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by Niccie View Post
Being from Mexican descent I would say that calling all Mexicans 'macho' is definitely a racial stereotype.
I am sorry if I have caused you any offence.

In my defence, just a simple google taking a few seconds revealed this:-

El Macho Mexicano
By Jose Perez
July 2008

In 1984, I went from being a gringo, of Spanish heritage, to living and working in Mexico. I thought my Spanish upbringing and speaking the language, would prepare me for the Mexican culture and it did not. I thought I understood “machismo” because it is ingrained in all Latin cultures, including: Spain, Italy and Greece. The following are observations and generalizations, based on my personal experience after three decades in Mexico. Most of my male friends in Mexico are not “tipico macho” (typical macho). And, for those friends, in reading the following: if the shoe or guarache fits - wear it. If not, then don’t be offended.

As a result of propinquity, my high school and college girlfriends were Italians and when I moved to Chicago, my closest friends were Greeks. I was fascinated by the fact, that among my Greek and Italian –American friends, their matriarchal upbringing gave privileges to males that were denied female siblings. Their sisters, who I wanted to date, required acceptance from their mothers and brothers. Somehow the father was excluded from such mundane decisions.

Among my Greek and Italian friends, their brand of machismo, like my Spanish upbringing, came with responsibilities. A leadership role and decision making privileges, that carried with it - a primary concern for the family’s well being. When my uncle Manuel was on life support, my father, the next in line of brothers by age, was the one who decided when, if it all, to pull the plug. His wife, who legally had the right to end his vegetative state, succeeded that right to the cultural norm of the eldest brother’s decision.

Mexican macho, in my opinion, carries privilege without responsibility. Their mothers and sisters act as semi servants. Bowing to the capriciousness of their male sons/siblings. One of my Mexican lawyer friends explains it this way: “I visit my mother at least twice a week for breakfast. I enter the kitchen and check the refrigerator, seeing there is no milk for my cereal. I complain to my mother, who immediately sends my sister, also a working professional living at home, to the store. She vigorously complains that she is late for work and that I should fetch my own milk. Mamma trumps her objections by flatly ordering - “ve por la leche para tu hermano”. My sister gives me “the finger” as she reluctantly exits for the milk. I laugh and say yeah, but hurry up with the milk”. My Greek, Spanish and Italian friends had special male privileges, but their primary responsibility was to protect not exploit their sisters.

My paternal grandfather was a womanizer. My father and all of my uncles and aunts were aware of the fact but hid same from my grandmother. She probably knew, but it was never discussed openly and she did not complain. Womanizing Mexicans are much more open about their amorous adventures. It is more than an acceptable standard of behavior, it is expected. And they practice it shamelessly.

I am sure if I did some more serious googling, I would be able to find something more "scientific".
dragonfly
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-10-2012, 12:14 PM
The Daily Mail article was ok, it is the comments after it that upset me! But then I should not be surprised by that as I usually disagree vehemently with the majority of DM readers on a very wide range if subjects
Page 15 of 18 « First < 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 >