View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kimbastaff
Dogsey Junior

30-10-2004, 10:00 PM

Trialling the Boys

I'm off today to an obedience trial with both boys, Dooee is in Open and Raimius in Novice... I havn't had any time to train this week due to work so we'll see what happens.... Its's also going to be a very hot day, could be too hot for a black staffy in the sun..... But I'm sure we will have a great time.... I really enjoy working the boys they both love it so much....

I'll update you all in a couple of days, cuz tommorrow I'm off for two days to a dog show...

Life is good....

Donna
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-10-2004, 10:01 PM
good luck
pete
Almost a Veteran

30-10-2004, 10:02 PM
good luck donna
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2004, 10:02 PM
Good luck Donna
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2004, 10:05 PM
Go you good thing!

Sorry - pseudo Oz there - but I mean it - hope it goes well
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-11-2004, 08:55 AM
Good luck Donna. The Boxers don't work very well in the heat either. Let us know how you go - scores, Q's, etc. I wonder if you and I are the only trialers on DW? We won't be entering now until April, which is the next convenient Novice/Novice Enc./Open for us. Too far to travel to Hobart, and it will be too warm for the few Launceston trials on offer.
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2004, 10:12 AM
Good luck!!!!
kimbastaff
Dogsey Junior

03-11-2004, 10:51 AM
Well that was a disaster..... firstly the day was very very hot... I should have scratched them both... but it didnt seem that bad under the shade of the trees while we waited....

Dooee was first.... off lead heeling... good he did miss one sit, but it was handler error (of course)..... stand for exam off lead... when I came to a halt Dooee's back leg was up infront of his front.... so he moved it back, then moved it again..... drop on recall.... well lets just say he did a lovely straight recall.... retrieve on the flat...again handler error (I'm hopless) thru the dumbell and it didnt go far enough so Dooee ambled out picked up the dumbell, ambled back then spat it at my feet.... grrr never done that before..... retrieve over the jump... better throw this time.. he flew out grabbed the dumbell then ran around the jump staying in the shade the whole time..... and the last exercise broad jump.. he did well and actually passed....

Raimius .... on lead heeling was fine, missed a sit and a drop (yeah I know probably my fault).... on lead stand for exam... passed... off lead heeling.... not too bad, but didnt pass due to missing two drops... the first was (yeah you guessed it ... my fault)... and the second was a bit iffy.... Recall this we failed, for the first time ever... It was so hot and I had to call him twice..... and the stand stay off lead he passed....

So even thou neither of them got a pass I was quite pleased with how they worked for the conditions of the day... staffy's are not very good in direct sunlight, unless they are playing in it... lol....

Donna
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2004, 11:31 AM
awwwwww, don't feel too bad. We0ve all been there at one time.
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2004, 11:34 AM
Aww i agree with kate, put it down as experience, and look forward to the next time
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >