Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
goldie_lover
New Member!
Female 

10-12-2009, 08:50 PM

Help on raw food menu

i have no idea how what to put on the raw food menu, i dont know the amounts of offal they need or veg, i know you have angel will have to have just over half lb of meat. what is the amount of the rest of the ingredients to go in it. she will be having two meals a day. with a fasting day on sunday. what are your menus, so iv got an idea of what they need.

thanks

what do you feed them each day, like the routine,

example

mon- beef mince, how much veg how much offal how much bone

teusday lamb mince, how much veg, how much offal, how much bone

x
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2009, 09:45 PM
What I feed
Ben and Mia - approx 10Kg each so feed between 200 and 300g a day

Roughly - staples are
Ox hearts, lamb heart, mince, stewing beef and lamb, any cheep chunks of meat
Bones - about once a week - twice if its chicken bones - usualy lamb bones - ox tail or pork ribs

Offal - about one meal a week - lamb or beef liver or kidneys

Every now and again (when its cheep) fish - raw or tinned, raw or scrambled eggs, tripe, leftovers

I used to weigh it all out so it was 80% meat, 10% bones 10% offal - now I just fead mainly meat and chuck in some other things
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2009, 06:30 AM
this is what i feed mine, they are springers with an average weight of around 16Kg

ok i feed my own dogs Raw, like many i was not keen when i first started looking at it, but once you get in to it its easy, they have approx 1/2lb of chicken and veg mince in a morning, (i buy it mxed) which i will mix either a spoon of low fat natural yoghurt, cottage cheese or a raw egg shell and all. For their evening meal they get a variety of a whole chicken carcass,chicken wings, lamb ribs, pigs trotters, pheasant carcass in the season, rabbit from a pest control friend. Once a week they get fish such as pilchards and a bit of offal mixed in either heart or liver,, i buy the mince and carcasses from a local supplier who is based in barnsley the mince is 49p lb less than a tin of dog food and the carcasses are 2.50 a bag and there tends to be around 12 in a bag so three meals, the ribs, wings and trotters come from my local butcher and he charges me £4.50 for a dozen ribs (3 meals) 4 trotters (1 meal) and 4 trotters (1meal),the pheasants and rabbit are free and the last time nigel came he fetched me 13 rabbits, 1 rabbit feeds 2 dogs, i think i worked it out that it costs me around 2.50 a day for 4 dogs cheap really. We switched because we nearly lost Millie to AIHA and wanted to be as natural as possible because nobody knows what triggers it and processing in food could be one of the triggers. We have far less to pick up now and what there is, is always hard. We noticed a distinct change in behaviour after about a week in that they were a lot calmer. I do have a large chest freezer in the garage that i manged to pick up second hand for £30, for me its well worth the effort which once in a routine is minimal, i have to say they now have lovely clean teeth, nice coats and Molly who was always a fussy eater with kibble is the first in the kitchen, and i now wished i had done it years since.

This works for us