View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2007, 08:58 AM

Naturediet warning (update 11/12/10 @ post 15)

Please be aware there may be a problem with Nature Diet Sensitive Gold Batch 1432. Milo has this and on the new tubs I had bought I noticed it looked different hardly a carrot to be seen, and smelt more fishy, I thought as it contains fish there may be just more fish and it missed the main adding of carrots. However he went down with bad runs. So I contacted Nature diet and told them there may be a problem and gave them the batch number. They told me to throw away my remaing 6 full containers of the same batch number and they would get some more out to me.
In the meantime I went to PAH to get some more to tide me over. They only had the same batch number and said they had not been contacted by ND to say of a problem.
Anyway yesterday I recieved direct from ND my replacement tubs and guess what they are also batch 1432.
Anyway I decided to give it a go as thought maybe I had just been unlucky but Milo now has the runs badly again and has also been sick.
I have just sent them a very cross email, so will let you know the outcome. But I just wanted to warn you all if you feed it watch for that batch number it could cause problems as it seems there may be something wrong with it.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2007, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the heads up on that madmare, I don't feed Nature Diet anymore, we've gone onto the JWB moist pouches, but used to feed it, and got a bit put off, as the purple topped packets (can't remember what flavour they were know ) started to smell awfull and had a sort of slimmy appearance to them, to start with we thought it must be just a bad batch, as the next lot seemed fine, then we got another bad batch, so we changed, I always thought ND was one of the best moist foods out there, but if you can't trust them, they will soon start to get a bad reputation.
Fancy sending you the replacements from the same batch no. that's a no brainer if there ever was one :smt102 hope you get a satisfactory answer from them, and I hope Milo tummy is all better
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2007, 10:53 AM
Thanks for that MM,
Incidently Daisy was sick two days running at the beginning of the week on the days she had ND puppy (batch 1444) I gave her a lighter diet and raw for the rest of this week and she hasn't been sick at all. ( She is in whelp with not long to go so i thought p'haps it was that she'd eaten a bit much ) Got 13 packs left of the ones she was sick on
I just got two trays delivered yesterday,so 36 more packs, both different batch numbers though so i hope they're ok,
I thought they smelt more pungent this time and really 'liver smelling'.
Thanks for letting us know,i will be a bit more cautious,

Hope Milo's feeling better soon (((HUGS)))
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2007, 08:37 PM
thats really weird as i got some for bruno the other day - not that flavour but original which he really likes - anyway i put it out for him and he wouldnt touch it - just smelt it and refused to eat it ?????
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2007, 08:45 PM
Makes me quite happy I changed now......

Hope all your dogs recover soon xox
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2007, 08:53 PM
Have they been taken over by someone?
Becky
sarah8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-11-2007, 10:09 PM
I think you must have jinxed me!!!! I read this thread and thought hmmm, how strange, never had that problem with naturediet etc. Fed them as usual - Tess has now been sick three times!!!! I am now about to search the bin for the batch number .....
sarah8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-11-2007, 10:16 PM
OK, sorry ignore my last post the OH just admitted to me that he slipped the puppy Chinese Crackers from the takeaway!!! I sometimes wonder what is the point me feeding her food free from additives when OH is feeding her grease! No wonder she was sick! Sorry guys
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2007, 12:05 AM
Thanks for this, I had a choice between Chicken or Sensitive Gold when I went to the garage this evening (for the dog obviously, not me! )and thankfully I went for the Chicken variety!

Will check the batch no. of the Gold one in the mane.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2007, 07:52 AM
Not trying to tell anyone what to do, but if I were anyone feeding ND, I'd give each new packet a quick smell, get really used to what a good one looks and smells like, then you'll know when you get a bad one, just a thought
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »