View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-12-2015, 12:16 AM

Willow met the 'scariest dog in the village' today....

There's an unusually large and heavy male Ridgeback that lives further down the lane. The owners are lovely (they also have a lab) and both are very friendly.

For some reason they muzzle him on walks and to be be fair he is quite growly and strong on the lead if he meets other folk with dogs. They're responsible folk I guess.

Tonight I was walking Willow and we met on a narrow bit of the walk.

Big Ridgeback got all growly but I don't think Willow understood. She took no heed to the vibes and just wagged her tail and wanted to say hello.

Him and I chatted for a few mins during which time the dogs sorted themselves out.

In the end they were fine even if he was a bit growly. Willow didn't seem to give a hoot about his aggression and he seemed to relax once he realised she wasn't phased.

Came to the conclusion that Willow is a bitch rather than a dog but also a puppy. He also thinks her being taller than him has made him confused.

Either way they got on ok and he was was well chuffed as they've obviously had issues in the past.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

19-12-2015, 12:44 AM
Did you ask why they muzzle him? I'm nosey I'd have to know

Glad Willow was ok and not phased by any of it.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2015, 12:57 AM
If he's growly, it should be fairly obvious why they muzzle him. In a muzzle, my Jade is merely growly around other dogs. When its off, small dogs especially are prone to being attacked. A growl in a muzzle is often an attack without one. Puppies tend to be oblivious to growls or even hissing cats. My Nigredo was exactly the same. Hopefully miss Willow learns that a growl isn't always to be ignored. My Nigredo has had to dodge snaps due to taking a growl for granted.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-12-2015, 02:22 AM
Not sure why they muzzle him. They're quite new to the village.
I'll ask next time I see them.
Patzy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-12-2015, 02:12 PM
I'd say its because he growls - that's a warning isn't it, so better to be safe than sorry ...........
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-12-2015, 08:06 PM
Met again today. Muzzled but lots of waggy tails and play. Like you say though, better safe than sorry.