Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2014, 06:24 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread Good Friday

Good morning all Dogsey Peeps on this Good Friday

Let's hope it is a good one for all of us It's going to be a beautiful sunny day for most of us, so make the most of it.

Dave arrived home and said the traffic wasn't too bad at all, one of the best journeys he's had actually, and yet according to the media, the whole country was setting off on their holidays yesterday and the roads would be dire. Wrong again then.

We've got nothing planned, probably go down the beach first thing with Zena, and then see what we want to do when we get back. I know what Dave will want to do, and that's paint the garage door, but whatever keeps him happy. Are the shops open today I wonder?

Haven't caught up on last night's D.a.D session yet, but I will do as the day goes on.

Enjoy a lovely day everyone
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2014, 06:37 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

Another glorious morning. I too will take the dogs out early as everywhere is bound to be busy. Nothing much on the cards today and I'm hoping it stays that way ...I really fancy a quiet day just pottering.

Helena enjoy your dog walk and it'll be interesting to see what's in store for you because I cannot imagine you just sitting quietly and reading a book Dave was lucky with his journey but then he doesn't go on the M25 which was awful again from about 2.00 yesterday. Both of my sons got stuck on it but fortunately know all the off motorway routes.

I hope Kacie is feeling better today Elaine and Harvey was a good boy for you last night Bev and that he didn't spend his entire time waiting by your front door
Nippy I hope you and Brian had a satisfactory visit to the surgery.

See you all later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-04-2014, 06:50 AM
Morning Helena and Jenny late on parade again today.
Helena I think the shops are open today the major ones anyway same as Easter Monday but I do think all shops even big supermarkets will be closed Sunday.
Enjoy your day and long weekend with Dave.
Morning Jenny I hope you get that do nothing pottering day.

Garden for us today sowing seeds etc.,

Elaine I hope Kacie isn't too sore today and you had a good night and Nippy Jen that Brian got on ok at the Docs yesterday.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2014, 06:55 AM
Hiya. Yes a lovely day so far, going to make an Easter cake today and then plant up my hanging Geraniums in the window boxes.
Glad Dave got home safely Helena Traffic here was manic. It's called black Thursday here, I suppose cos everyone arrives at once.
Jenny just don't mention surgeries We had a very busy and stressful day. Got to the surgery with seconds to spare, to be told that his appointment is next week. Now I was stood beside him when the nurse rang and I could hear what she said so I know that Brian didn't make a mistake. We now have to wait another week to see anyone. I was not pleased.
Yes all shops are open today but not Mon, as you say Lynn.
Hope you all have a good day.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2014, 06:57 AM
Morning H, jenny and all who follow,

Charly text me last night and asked if I would mind if they stayed overnight last night so Ash could have a drink. I said ok, but was unsure how Harley would be not seeing them overnight too. Well I needn't have worried as he has been fine.

He came up to bed with me and laid across my stomach for comfort. I took it for a while but a full grown male GSD is very heavy and finally I couldn't breathe so moved and he laid on my legs, eventually he got off and laid on the floor for the night.
I have taken him for a quick lead walk round the block this morning and he is following me everywhere now, as he does Charly and Ash, so I think its actually done him good to be left with me.

I am off to work this morning but Charly and Ash said they will be home about 11am so he will be fine left till then and then they will take him for a good offlead run when they get back.

After work I have to go and do mums housework as normal before coming home and getting everything ready for my early start tomorrow working on the greyhound homer stand at the "All About Dogs" show.

H glad Dave had a good journey home. Have a lovely bank holiday with him.

Elaine I hope \Kacie had a good night and is ok this morning.

Jenny have a nice relaxing day in the beautiful sun and think of us stuck indoors at work

Everyone else have a lovely day whatever you are doing. Now I had better go and feed Harley before setting off to work.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2014, 07:26 AM
Morning everyone,
Hope everyone has a good day, it's sunny here at the mo. We've not made any plans of sorts.

MM- I'm so glad that Harley settled for you, and realised he would be ok.
Nippy Jen- that's terrible about the doctors, I wish they would just own up instead of making people look a bit daft

Well best carry on doing nothing much, see ya all later
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2014, 08:22 AM
Morning all! Just a quickie as Martin is rousing from his slumbers (dog's under his bed covers snoring).

Lovely day here if a bit breezy. Klutz of a son came with NO jumpers and NO jacket. Duh. I told him it cools down at night. So we came straight home from airport and ate and drank here as he was wearing a short sleeve Tshirt bit chilly for the Taverna. He likes the new place.

I knocked off all my outstanding work while he slept this morning. Am now off for rest of Easter. He wants to take Bella for a walk and then go buy some warm clobber!

Waviness returned to my bonce overnight. It is now sort of flicking up one side and curling under on the other side. Looks OK I suppose but am thinking it is a little 'austere' for me! I am not aiming for the intelligent look really!

Hope you all have a FABULOUS Easter. Will no doubt be popping in whilst Mart lies in of a morning.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2014, 08:51 AM
Morning everyone,

So are you not happy now with you hair cut Pat? It did look lovely you had me almost convinced to go do something about mine. I do admit that the length of it pulls all the natural curl out of it but when all the others were talking about going au naturelle I am already au naturelle I inherited my dad's type hair although his was jet black mine is almost jet with the exception if anyone has read Catherine Cookson I have a Mallen streak, ie a white streak on my right temple but because I have a semi fringe it is not very noticeable so I shall probably wake up one morning with white hair all over. My daughter was going grey very noticeably in her late 20's. If I hadn't given birth to her I would have disowned her as being mine in more ways than one.

I hope Kacey is ok this morning and am pleased that Harley settled down last night bet he went bananas when his mum and dad came back this morning if in fact they are home.

Have a lovely Good Friday and a very happy easter to you all. God bless.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2014, 09:21 AM
So happy, just had a call from eldest Gdaughter she has been successful in her job application in Hoopers, the poshest shop in Torbay! There are stores around the country, so some of you might know it.
She is over the moon. Good news for her at last
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2014, 09:33 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
So happy, just had a call from eldest Gdaughter she has been successful in her job application in Hoopers, the poshest shop in Torbay! There are stores around the country, so some of you might know it.
She is over the moon. Good news for her at last
Congratulations to your Gdaughter
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »