Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-01-2010, 07:49 AM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
ahhh the joys of working out public transport!

seriously, if OP goes to ticket office tomorrow they can go through all the options for her!
the ticket office definitively wont go thru the split ticket option.

that's a good consumer 'cheat' that they like to keep secret as it can slash the prices of some journeys.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2010, 08:59 AM
Originally Posted by Wheaten mad View Post
You can get an 'Any Time' train ticket. I went from Oxford to London last week and an any time ticket didn't cost anymore than a normal ticket (as long as you're returning on the same day) So it's worth checking out
That price was for an anytime ticket - as we don't know what time my appt will finish, so don't know return times!!

I'm getting picked up in the morning at 7am by Isochick and Mr Isochick - then we have a lovely drive (200+ miles), for an appointment that could potentially last an hour.....then the same drive back!
Arghhh!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2010, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
the ticket office definitively wont go thru the split ticket option.

that's a good consumer 'cheat' that they like to keep secret as it can slash the prices of some journeys.
Excuse me but i know my husband and his colleagues at the PRESTON station ticket office and they will do. This is why i advise to go down there. They cant refuse to look into anything you ask them,

Also may i point out, it really doesnt matter the cost of the ticket to the ticket office as they are not on commission.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3