Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2008, 04:41 AM

Good morning everyone !

Morning all,

Another early start here in chilly Croydon. At least I get to prepare the slow cooker meal without being rushed at all – paprika pork is the culinary treat for Thursday

Off out to lunch today with an old work colleague who has retired. I shall try VERY hard not to push her smug face into her cappuccino…… wish me luck

Have a great day, everyone, and stay safe

Today’s gem:
A young woman from New York City was driving through a remote part of Oklahoma when her car broke down.
An Indian came riding by on horseback and offered to give her a lift to a nearby town. She climbed up behind him on the horse and they rode off.
The ride into town was uneventful except that every few minutes the Indian would let out a loud whoop that echoed back from the surrounding hills.
When they arrived in Bartlesville, he let her off at the local Phillips 66 service station, yelled one final, "Yahoo!" and rode off.
"What did you do to get that Indian so excited?" asked the service station attendant.
"Nothing. I merely sat behind him on the horse, put my arms around his waist and held onto his saddle horn so I wouldn't fall off."
"Lady," the attendant said, "Indians ride bareback."
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2008, 05:22 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all. I'm off to London this morning. Woo Hoo!!!!!! I'm so excited!
Will be back tomorrow evening with arm loads of pics and many stories I'm sure. First class train seats here I come!!!!!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2008, 05:42 AM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Morning Vicki, morning all. I'm off to London this morning. Woo Hoo!!!!!! I'm so excited!
Will be back tomorrow evening with arm loads of pics and many stories I'm sure. First class train seats here I come!!!!!
Morning J - have a fab time honey, I know how excited you are..... look forward to hearing all that you lot got up to..... x0x
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2008, 06:03 AM
'tis a certain young dogs first birthday today so weather permitting we are off somewhere with lots of water for him to celebrate in style. Pics later....

Have a good one everyone!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2008, 06:13 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Morning J - have a fab time honey, I know how excited you are..... look forward to hearing all that you lot got up to..... x0x
Thanks Vicki, will do. Speak to you tomorrow! xx
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2008, 06:15 AM
Good morning to you all - NEARLY FRIDAY

Happy Birthday Cosmo have a splashing time xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2008, 06:16 AM
Morning Cuz, well thank god it's the last day of school run for just over a week......doing a 36 mile round trip per day

From tomorrow.........YIPPEE I can relax abit.

Early start here too, Pat was up at 4...

Have a great day enjoy your lunch....no throwing the peas at her
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2008, 06:16 AM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
Good morning to you all - NEARLY FRIDAY

Happy Birthday Cosmo have a splashing time xx
Thanks Rachel, I suspect he will!!!!! Thanks for the info by the way, I promise i will get back to you, suffice to say it's all off....
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2008, 06:20 AM
Morning all!

Day off for me but quite an exciting/nervous evening ahead for reasons I can't post on the open board .

Hopefully the plumber will ring today and finally fix my blooming hot water. I'm usre there are new life-forms developing in my dishwasher that has been stacked since Saturday!
When I went swimming last night I stood for aaaaggggggeeeeeessss under the steam shower..... bliss!

Have a good one everyone...... and Jackie, if you manage to come back from London without a new bag, shoes or boots etc I shall be very disappointed! Have a lovely, lovely time.

.... and good luck Vicki, resistance is useless!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2008, 06:22 AM
Morning Vicki and all,
Seemed a lot warmer this morning than yesterday when I was out walking the dogs, but it was sooooo dark, I really hate these dark mornings.
Have a lovely day in London Wufflehoond and Cosmo have a super fun birthday.
Hope your lunch goes well Vicki.
Stay safe everyone and have a good day.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >