Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2008, 03:58 PM

End of season

Hi all

Well i am pleased to announce Ruby is coming to the end of her season, the bleeding has finally stopped and Diesel is losing interest in her, if he does try to sniff that end she moves instead of sticking it in his face like an old tart

The actual 21 days is up on Saturday so i will still be keeping them apart but what i wanted to know is......is it safe then or should we go a few more days to be on the safe side?

Also, what period of time do we wait before we can have her spayed or do vet's opinions on this vary?

Thanks
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2008, 04:12 PM
When any of mine are in season , I tend to keep them away from any male dog for at least two weeks after they have come fully out of season , Just to be on the safe side , As for spaying i think it can generally be done when they have finished there season , But people opinons on this will prob vary , xxdk
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2008, 04:45 PM
I had Flower booked in for being spayed, but then she came into season. The vets have told me I have to wait 8 weeks after her last day,. to have her spayed. Im jealous of you though......I wish Flower had finished!!!lol xxxxx
sammerson
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-01-2008, 04:50 PM
I don't know about how long you should keep them apart, I would think you would definately want to keep them apart for a few days after. My parents used to breed but I was too young to really care about the specifics, all I cared about was when the puppies came!!!

Yeah I think the best bet is to just give your vet a ring and ask their opinion, I've heard several different theory's but it's probaby best to ask your vet because they know more about your dog than anyone, as far as health goes. Good luck, you don't have too much longer to keep them apart!!!
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2008, 05:32 PM
Just to say be careful for at least a few more days, one of the girls we put too dice is mated at day 21-23 anytime before and he;s not interested at all. Shes had too litters mated on this day
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2008, 09:25 PM
spaying is around 3mths from when they finish to make sure te blood ect to the womb have calmed down hun.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2008, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by sjpurt View Post
spaying is around 3mths from when they finish to make sure te blood ect to the womb have calmed down hun.
Not sure we can wait 3 months as that was all the time there was between the last one
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2008, 10:32 PM
Usally when there in and out of season like this there is a hormone imbalance or polycystic ovaries, or she may just be a t@rtI would give your vet a ring and ask him how safe would be the soonest you can get her spayed, as someone said the uterus is larger during the season and up to 6-8weeks after her season, but she can be spayed now its just harder on the bitch as of the risk of bleeding because of the larger uterus, I would also keep her away from your dog another few days yet, to be safe. hope this helps hun xxzbxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2008, 07:13 AM
Pleased it's over all bar the shouting, Jules - you must be so relieved!
x0x
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2008, 07:37 AM
Thanks everyone.

Yes big relief its over but i dont want to rush things and put her in any danger, we could prob wait 8 weeks but not much longer than that.

Will give the vet a call today and see what they say
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >