Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bunnymummy
New Member!
Female 

21-03-2015, 08:22 PM

Could anyone help ?

Hi

I've just seen this ad on pets4 homes Bichon frise free to good home , I have just sent a message to the owner alerting to the dangers of this and advised that I would post with the rescues to see if there are any spaces anywhere , I have just applied to foster but haven't been honechecked yet so not sure I could help though I have offered to take him until rescue space is available just wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction, maybe Bichon frise rescue etc here's the ad

We are looking for a good home for Charlie, our Bishon Frise. We have had him since Dec 2013. We underestimated how much hard word it would be having a dog and bringing up our 2 daughters aged 5 & 2. Charlie has been hard work as well. He needs lots of attention as he always gets jealous of our girls. He is a lovely dog but he can wee a bit when excited (guests visiting or even if we've been out for couple hours). Also on the odd occasion he leaves a puddle in the kitchen over night and always taking the kids toys, even though he has his own. We are only looking for a new home as we just find it too much hard work with the girls also craving our attention. Please get in touch via my email address if you are interested in giving Charlie a home with lots of attention. We do not want any cash, just want him to have a genuinely good home. (Email only please) more photos once he's had a hair cut this week.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2015, 09:25 PM
I can give you phone no.s for bichon rescue. Where about's are they in the country.?if Wales then01978448572 or 01409259419 I do have others but in different areas.
Bunnymummy
New Member!
Female 

21-03-2015, 09:28 PM
They are in deeside , Flintshire , they haven't replied to me as yet but I hope they do , little thing could end up anywhere being advertised for free , number will be great if they haven't replied by morning I will call them
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2015, 10:49 PM
You are a really kind person Shocking to think people are still advertising their dogs like this Fingers crossed for Charlie.xxGood for you for getting involved and trying to help him
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2015, 06:30 AM
The only number I have in Scotland is Edinburgh the no.is 0131 6649114
Bunnymummy
New Member!
Female 

22-03-2015, 08:59 AM
Thank you he is in Wales , he's only about 5 miles from me , I've worried about it all night , if I can contact them ( there not answering at the moment ) I'm gong to hopefully collect him today , if I can't contact there's not a lot I can do really
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-03-2015, 09:10 AM
To be honest I am not surprised they have not responded to you, your message could have come across as a bit judgmental , I've learnt over the years that people don't want to listen to others preaching to them ....I am not implying that's what you are doing, you are trying to act in the best interest of the dog, but they could take it that way.

It might be better to contact the breed club, this is not a popular breed and they might be able to do a little investigation work to find the breeder of this pup, shame these people did not contact the breeder first....

Might be better to ring the number and speak to them as a potential owner and get the lay of the land on what they want.

They say they don't want money if that's true and they do have the dogs best interest at heart , you might be able to point them in the right direction.

P.s.....free to good home does work out sometimes, but the best option would have been the breeder.
Bunnymummy
New Member!
Female 

22-03-2015, 02:05 PM
Yeah I did add in my email that I wasn't being patronising and until recently I did not know the dangers either , I was really nice , tried to call but no answer x
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2015, 02:54 PM
Why on earth do people always think pure bred dogs come from breeders? In most cases, if this were true... they'd just send the dog back to the breeder. It's way easier.

Most of the time, when you see these ads, either the breeder won't take back the dog, it was adopted or found somewhere, or bought from a pet shop or puppy mill type place, which won't take the dog back.

No reason to go assuming they didn't contact a breeder that might not have existed to begin with. In any case, free to good home dogs are often used by dog fighters here as bait dogs, and purebred, unaltered dogs are used for BYB to make money.

They always say here that you should make sure there is a Rehoming fee to drive away the dog fighters and bad or cheap owners, and that you learn as much about any potential adopter before forking over your pet.

In areas where only high kill shelters exist or there is no room in any place for your pet, this may be your pets only chance of survival, so I'm not going to judge the people and say "I can't believe people still advertise their pets like this" because you don't know them, their situation, or their intent.

I only hope they don't give their pet to the first person who asks for it without doing any research. That would likely be a mistake.
Bunnymummy
New Member!
Female 

22-03-2015, 03:55 PM
Oh no now I'm panicking again ������ still can't contact them
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >