Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-05-2016, 08:52 PM

NickyAnn's thread/rants/etc

Ok so in the USA we do not have Nannies, what you call a Nanny we call either a babysitter or childcare. Here is what befuddles me, some really ignorant and possibly mentally ill person dubbed a dog bred to kill as a Nanny. It's a joke, it was a joke, however there are Grandmothers who seem to believe this nonsense and are having these dogs watch their grandchildren, until the dog eats the child. Yet the UK bans American bull terriers and lets English terriers continue to eat English kids. I have solved the problem, which is that the English people minus those whose children have been eaten, actually believe that this evil child killing dog is suitable to be a Nanny, thus will do nothing.

PS These dogs choose children because they are scared opportunist who will always choose the least likely to resist the attack which is always a child, wolves use the same tactic on deer fawns.

Nanny...Really
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-05-2016, 09:18 PM
Oh really well perhaps you should educate yourself by reading the breed standard and have a look at what the breed clubs have to say. Reading newspapers is hardly an education, they call everything a Staffie no matter what it's crossed with. If there were 2 attacks on the same day one by a dog vaguely resembling a staffie and one by say a Labrador, only one would be reported on and that would of course be the Staffie.
If you're trying to whip up hysteria, you're not succeeding.

Oh and the word is Terrier not terrior.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

23-05-2016, 09:33 PM
You obviously ignored it before so here it is again.......

The Staffie's (Staffordshire Bull Terriers) reputation is built on hearsay rather than fact. On the way, it looks rather than the way it acts.

It is often identified incorrectly. In reality, many of the dogs that show aggression are bull breed crosses.

The purebred Staffie is a whole different ball game. It has a nickname, “The Nanny Dog”

That nickname came about because this breed is known to be so good with children.

The Staffie is the breed that is recommended for a family with young children by many of the welfare and re-homing organisations.

These organisations and rescue centres believe it is probably one of the best family dogs of all the dog breeds.

It is the only breed that has been described as “Totally loving to its family “, and is the only dog to have “totally reliable” in its breed standard. The very breed that many describe as vicious, unreliable and a killer.

The Kennel Club describes the breed’s suitability to young children. One of only two breeds, to have this recommendation. So how did it become so good with children and adults, and why is it such a loyal and loving family dog?
Azz
Administrator
Male 

23-05-2016, 09:57 PM
Modern Staffs are known as the nanny breed because they have a reputation for being incredibly good with children

Ethical breeders have worked hard to breed out undesirable traits (it can take as few as 4 generations to breed traits in or out) and for the most part Staffs are EXTREMELY friendly.

If you are referring to the recent news story, then that could have been any breed. Sadly, some breeds attract more idiots than others - idiots who either breed in traits bred out by good breeders, or idiots who bring the dog up to be 'hard' or aggressive.

It could happen to any breed.

Btw you are not doing yourself (or your country) any favours by using the abrasive and rude tone as seen in some of your posts. Please refrain from making personal remarks. Thank you.

If you continue to make personal remarks against members your account will be banned for a month. If you come back and repeat you will be given a 2 month ban and so on and so fourth. The choice is yours.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2016, 10:05 PM
Staffordshire Bull Terriers are known as the "nanny dog" because the breed is known to be so good with children.

Staffies and various bull breeds and their crosses have become unfairly stigmatised by the media in recent years due to a certain type of person wanting to keep a dog as a weapon or a status symbol.
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2016, 12:11 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Staffordshire Bull Terriers are known as the "nanny dog" because the breed is known to be so good with children.

Staffies and various bull breeds and their crosses have become unfairly stigmatised by the media in recent years due to a certain type of person wanting to keep a dog as a weapon or a status symbol.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk...cfjSPW6Bfth.97 If you say so it must be true, but try to tell her, not me. http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/arti...r-dog-bite.jpg

Actually some grandmas keep weapons to protect their grandchildren, and it's pretty sad when the weapon eats the grandchild. The question is, how is it fair to anyone to say that these weapons are good with children, before they eat them? Is not every child more precious than any vicious dog breed?
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2016, 12:32 AM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
You obviously ignored it before so here it is again.......

The Staffie's (Staffordshire Bull Terriers) reputation is built on hearsay rather than fact. On the way, it looks rather than the way it acts.

It is often identified incorrectly. In reality, many of the dogs that show aggression are bull breed crosses.

The purebred Staffie is a whole different ball game. It has a nickname, “The Nanny Dog”

That nickname came about because this breed is known to be so good with children.

The Staffie is the breed that is recommended for a family with young children by many of the welfare and re-homing organisations.

These organisations and rescue centres believe it is probably one of the best family dogs of all the dog breeds.

It is the only breed that has been described as “Totally loving to its family “, and is the only dog to have “totally reliable” in its breed standard. The very breed that many describe as vicious, unreliable and a killer.

The Kennel Club describes the breed’s suitability to young children. One of only two breeds, to have this recommendation. So how did it become so good with children and adults, and why is it such a loyal and loving family dog?
Tell us again how in your opinion that this happy dog is smiling and how you would encourage a child to play with it.... http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...46_634x413.jpg

Denial plain and simple.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

24-05-2016, 07:21 AM
You are the one in denial and you posted this thread just so that you could continue with your vitriol against Staffies.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-05-2016, 07:26 AM
Oh dear are you serious ?
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2016, 08:15 AM
You really need to pull your head out of the dark orifice it is in and stop trying to tell everyone you are right and they are wrong.

Having run a boarding kernels in the county they are named after for 21 years I only ever had one that was out and out nasty to a person and that was sent home with an hour of arriving. Sometimes we could have as many as 20 staffs in at a time. Yes some were dog aggressive but easily managed as they did not mix with other dogs so not a problem but to us they were loving and full of mischief and most of the time we could be strangers to them. I and my younger son have sat inside a kennel of a dog petrified of fireworks or thunder and not once would they attacked us, they just seemed grateful we would let them sit on us.

I don't like to get involved in threads like this but you have tested me to my limit Pleas go away and leave us alone so that we can help people who ask for it.
Page 1 of 57 1 2 3 4 11 51 > Last »