Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sanchez
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-11-2006, 08:45 PM

Black Tooth

Hi all,

Sanchez has some loose teeth and one of them has turned black and is very loose but doesnt seem to want to come out! Is this alright? All the other teeth he has lost have come out very clean and he just spits them out but this seems to be bothering him! I have given him frozen carrots and ice cubes and they seem to ease the pain for him but should it take so long for his tooth to come out?
Is there anything i can do for him??
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2006, 08:50 PM
Don't worry about it Leigh, if it is already loose it will come out, it may just take a while longer.
sanchez
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-11-2006, 08:52 PM
Is it ok that its turned black?
lizdll
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2006, 08:53 PM
i am not sure i would proberly just keep on what your doing it will proberly come out soon if not or you get worried pop him to the vets so they can have a look
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2006, 08:55 PM
Puppy teeth don't have the nerves that an adult tooth has as they are not as deep rooted. The tooth is probably dead anyway but just hanging on in there. It will drop out. If it had not been loose sometimes the adult tooth grows next to it and it may be that the baby tooth would need removing. Just carry on with the frozen carrots, you will suddenly notice that it has gone!!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-11-2006, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by sanchez View Post
Hi all,

Sanchez has some loose teeth and one of them has turned black and is very loose but doesnt seem to want to come out! Is this alright? All the other teeth he has lost have come out very clean and he just spits them out but this seems to be bothering him! I have given him frozen carrots and ice cubes and they seem to ease the pain for him but should it take so long for his tooth to come out?
Is there anything i can do for him??
Hi Sanchez the teeth should come out in their own time, I wouldn't touch them or you will make them bleed .If the black one is loose too I wouldn't worry ..it may have gone discoloured because it is hollow and there may be dry blood inside. Just keep an eye on them and continue with the chews.
Try wetting an old linen teatowel /knotting/freezing it, that is good for teething too.
If you are at all worried see the vet .
sanchez
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-11-2006, 08:56 PM
Thanks Novavizz & Lizdll. I will keep giving him the frozen bits and see if it comes out in the next day or so. Hopefully it wont hurt him too much.

I just worry about him a bit too much i think
sanchez
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-11-2006, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Hi Sanchez the teeth should come out in their own time, I wouldn't touch them or you will make them bleed .If the black one is loose too I wouldn't worry ..it may have gone discoloured because it is hollow and there may be dry blood inside. Just keep an eye on them and continue with the chews.
Try wetting an old linen teatowel /knotting/freezing it, that is good for teething too.
If you are at all worried see the vet .
Thanks minihaha i will try a knotted towel and see if that helps him
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2006, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by sanchez View Post
Thanks Novavizz & Lizdll. I will keep giving him the frozen bits and see if it comes out in the next day or so. Hopefully it wont hurt him too much.

I just worry about him a bit too much i think
You're welcome
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-11-2006, 09:07 PM
Hi Sanchez the old baby teeth coming out don't hurt because they don't have roots, the pain comes from the new teeth pushing through, that is what the cold things are for, to sooth the hot sore gums ...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >