Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dougs85
Dogsey Junior
Male 

30-09-2011, 09:12 AM

Flirt pole

Hi

Looking for instructions on how to make a home made one fo snoop and mia would greatly appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction to sites etc give me a small project to work on at the weekend lol
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2011, 09:43 AM
Theres a video on u tube. Why do you want something like thst / looks to me a way of getting the dog very hyped up & over excited. A good old ball game would use up just as much energy & you have more control for want of a better word & fun than flinging somethimg around on the end of a pole. Some cat toys are similar.
dougs85
Dogsey Junior
Male 

30-09-2011, 10:44 AM
i have found instructions and i am going to attempt to build 1 at the weekend, i want 1 for a bit of variety in my dogs play time/ excercise and i am sure it works other muscles that other things, i do have the chucka ball but looking to mix it up.

On the chuckaball i use tennis balls but after 3 or 4 throws the balls are wreked and no longer useable any suggestions to where i can find a ball the same size size and weight as a tennis ball but indestructable??
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2011, 10:53 AM
Even better use a clicker to stretch & use your dogs brain-it's far better than teaching your dog to attack a moving object
dougs85
Dogsey Junior
Male 

30-09-2011, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Theres a video on u tube. Why do you want something like thst / looks to me a way of getting the dog very hyped up & over excited. A good old ball game would use up just as much energy & you have more control for want of a better word & fun than flinging somethimg around on the end of a pole. Some cat toys are similar.

What u think the flirt pole is a bad idea?????
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2011, 01:50 PM
Flirt poles are great my dogs all love it, they work harder for the flirt pole that throwing a ball.

Ball still gets thrown, they cab do both on different occassions.

If you get stuck I can let you know someone who makes them

He makes them for Staffords.
dougs85
Dogsey Junior
Male 

30-09-2011, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
Flirt poles are great my dogs all love it, they work harder for the flirt pole that throwing a ball.

Ball still gets thrown, they cab do both on different occassions.

If you get stuck I can let you know someone who makes them

He makes them for Staffords.
cheers much gonna give it a blast at some point tomorrow will keep u updated lol
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2011, 01:54 PM
Don't know what you are going to use as a pole but a roach fishing pole is good also a plastic pipe so you can thread the rope up the inside.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2011, 08:45 PM
http://www.learningaboutdogs.com/aca...hippitdvd.html

I do not do home made, the attached link is to a DVD on the use of such items for developing self control.

It is difficult for those who have never used such a device to understand the advantages of them but they can be very useful especially with dogs with high impulsivity.

Good luck
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2011, 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by dougs85 View Post
What u think the flirt pole is a bad idea?????
They guy i saw on utube was going round in circles and i sure as heck would get dizzy - would much prefer a good old ball and chucker anyday

You can get hard bouncy balls in the likes of Petsathome in different sizes for dogs
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >