Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2014, 05:45 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily thread Wednesday

Good morning all Dogsey peeps

Gonna be another hot one and I think they said 27 for us darn sarf, don't want it quite that hot thanks.

Good news on the Dave front....the prospective purchaser text him yesterday asking him to make an appointment for a meeting with the landlord to get the lease changed!!!! Now, he wouldn't do that unless he has now secured his loan to buy it, because he had previously told Dave there was no point until he'd been to the bank Dave should have been quite ecstatic over this, but instead, he was all stressed out last night cos he had broken cars all around him which he was going to fix on night duty, cos his muppets don't pull their weight when he's off taking care of me. Can't wait till we have the last laugh and they're both out of a job! There was a time when people valued their jobs, and put in a hard day's work for a hard day's money, but not anymore, all they want is their weekly wage and they plod along all week doing as much as they see fit

I'm thinking my 2 finger typing has improved enough for me to get sorting out all my template stuff for the vans, so I shall be doing that today, but I must ring you for a chat Lynn inbetween

Hope everyone is ok today along with the doglets and I'll pop in later.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2014, 06:26 AM
good morning helena and no apologies here for one ginfered typing.... or even one fingered

all sounds good there...grand SO as they say over here..

muggy here with 95% humidity, but they promise settled warm weather soon..

a perforce rest day today, just knitting abed. dozing..i have a great pile of work waiting to be sewn up and trimmed etc...if i can find a good film on youtube...

knackered! an 11 hour day will do that

home now until next tuesday unless the wanderlust hits at the weekend... have a serious jam session needful.

happy wednesday all
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-06-2014, 06:35 AM
Morning Helena lovely and sunny here already so having my cuppa then Dillon and I will be off for our walk nice and early.
Excellent news about the garage so sorry Dave seems stressed about it.
I am around for a chat give me clue about what time you think you may be ringing doesn't have to be exact time and I will make sure I am not down the garden.
Hows the finger this morning ?
Morning Rose enjoy the forced day of rest.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2014, 06:46 AM
Morning H, RB and all who follow,

Lovely day here and a nice breeze. Just had my morning coffee and ciggie in the garden.
I have my living room being decorated today. My son is coming over for part of the day as I can't put my finger on why but the decorator makes me feel uneasy. I am normally very trusting with workman but equally I am a usually a very good judge of character and suss people the minute I meet them. Lets hope I am wrong this time but he has given me the creeps and I am wishing I hadn't given him the job now.
Hopefully my son will be here about 10.30 and stay till about 2pm when he will have to get back to pick up the children from school. So if you want to ring me too H and check I am still alive later feel free .

Brilliant news about the garage H, just a shame about the muppets. whats the saying, "While the boss is away the muppets will play". Will the new person keep them on I wonder..

Enjoy your restful day RB and everyone else enjoy your day whatever your plans.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2014, 06:47 AM
Morning Lynn
Enjoy your walk with Dillon.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2014, 06:55 AM
Morning

Poor Dave, Helena, that must be really horrible not being able to rely on his staff. I really hope it gets sorted quickly.

Take care of that hand.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2014, 07:01 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning Lynn
Enjoy your walk with Dillon.
what happened re the x ray, bev?
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2014, 07:07 AM
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
what happened re the x ray, bev?
Sorry forgot to say. Not a lot to tell really, it was done and after they looked at it they said the results would be with my doctor within the week.
That is very quick as my Dad and a friend who had one at the same hospital was told their results would be with the doctor after 3 weeks and they did take the full 3 weeks. thankfully their x-rays were fine and hopefully mine is too even if they are sending the results quicker.
Thanks for asking.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2014, 07:18 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Sorry forgot to say. Not a lot to tell really, it was done and after they looked at it they said the results would be with my doctor within the week.
That is very quick as my Dad and a friend who had one at the same hospital was told their results would be with the doctor after 3 weeks and they did take the full 3 weeks. thankfully their x-rays were fine and hopefully mine is too even if they are sending the results quicker.
Thanks for asking.
thanks; did not forget you
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2014, 07:31 AM
Good morning everyone another hot day on the horizon. Have already taken Teazle for her morning constitutional.

Pleased to read Dave is moving slowly forward with the sale of the garage but I doubt if the new owner will be able to get rid of staff that easily. There are new laws in place that protect employees but not the employer. When selling a business the new employer has to take the existing staff and if he sacks them too soon they can come back to you for a lot of compensation so best he speaks to an employment law solicitor to see how he stands. Hopefully the new owner will whip them into shape and no problems occur. My thoughts are with him having just gone through all this myself.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »