Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2006, 08:21 PM

THE moment you met your pup/dog-pic

I met Minnie by chance /fate- sprained my ankle whilst taking a friends collie for a walk in the dark- next morning could barely walk so Karen said- why dont you come with us to see their sons friends Jack Russell 's new pups ?The rest is history; got to their house- 6 pups had been born 36 hours before; the runt was tri-coloured; female; beautiful....my friends picked up this pup and put it in my hands they took this pic- I will treasure it forever the moment I fell in love and my life changed forever...every week-end after that I made the 300 mile round trip to spend 2 hours in the kennel with the Mum and pups tilI brought Minnie home at 8 weeks this is the moment we met
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2006, 09:02 PM
we chose ben whenb he was about 3 weeks old, he was the only pup that didnt wee on OH all the others did,
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2006, 09:06 PM
Aww wasn't she small - so cute and just look at her now cheeky, bouncy and beautiful.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-08-2006, 09:07 PM
This is the piccy i took of Vegas last year at the rehoming shelter using my camera phone.After playing with him for a few minutes-i knew he was the one!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2006, 09:09 PM
This was Benji the day after we brought him home - we got him from a kennels so I didn't meet him until he was 10 weeks old

Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2006, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
This is the piccy i took of Vegas last year at the rehoming shelter using my camera phone.After playing with him for a few minutes-i knew he was the one!
Hes a DOLL- glad u chose him
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2006, 09:16 PM
Oh Zetacharlie, she was just too cute :smt007 :smt007 :smt007

Here's Bongo the day we met her, just a shade under 4 weeks old. She was the smallest of the litter, but already ran rings around everybody. That's her on the top of the pile of course, and nothing's changed in that respect

Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2006, 09:23 PM
This photo is one of of the very few remaining of her as a puppy. (the disc they are on has gone funny)

We had just got back off holiday, the boys were having a nap and we continued a chat we started on holiday about getting a dog. I sat looking at the Yellow Pages at rehoming centres as our plan was to rehome an older dog. I rang the nearest to us, had a chat and the lady said as we had young children - 2 and 4 years old - we would be better off with a puppy, they had had a litter brought in Friay evening, this was Sunday afternoon. We went to look at the litter of dinky puppies that were 6 or 7 weeks old and had been dumped in a box in a park. All the centre knew was that they had staffie in them.

We all sat on the floor, and the puppies were brought out. We played and fussed them all but one little fawn girl was very insistent about clambering onto my leg, I kept moving her but back she came. She did the same to Kev and the boys too, so that was that, she came with us that day!!

wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2006, 10:00 PM
OH's friend heard of a litter of Border Collies and mentioned it to us when he was here for a guitar lesson (Sunday night). We had been talking about getting a dog for a long time and this was always my first choice of breed. OH's friend brought Cassie to us on the following Tuesday at just 6 weeks. She was full of worms and fleas and absolutely stunk to high heaven. Apparently the house she came from was the same. She was the cutest little thing I'd ever seen and 24 hours later after a trip to the vet for a check up, she was this tubby little bundle of joy

lizziel
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-08-2006, 10:04 PM

Whenever we went to our local rescue centre the dog who was most suited to us was always reserved. We decided to wait until after Christmas but, when driving past one day, we decided to go and have a quick look.

The manager told us that she had just taken a dog in an hour before and she thought it might be the dog for us. We wanted an older dog but the one she had in mind was an 8 week old Golden Retriever puppy who had been handed in as the people who had bought him couldn't cope with a puppy.

We agreed to "just have a peep but we would prefer an older dog" As soon as we saw him , we just knew he was the dog for us. He will be a year old at the end of August and I couldn't imagine life without him now.
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »