Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2012, 03:18 PM

Love.

It's a funny thing and a question was posed to myself and a few friends whilst chatting.

When do you know you are in love and what is it to you?
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2012, 03:49 PM
I knew instantly I met Mr M, head over heels 100% knew he was the person I would spend the rest of my life with.... just knew, don't know how it was just a instant click.

He can drive me potty and make me so angry (and me to him too) BUT I love him 100% and 17 yrs later I still feel exactly the same!!

Love to me is 100% commitment from both parties - unconditional! JMO!!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2012, 04:24 PM
Took me years and years to know what love was....oh! yes I love my animals but as for humans they always seem to break your heart.

I love Patrick though a 100% I often think I could survive without him though as I am independent........but the thought of living without him fills me with sadness........he's the first man in my life that I have felt that way over so it must be

Love is a two way street and has to be 100% on both sides IMO
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2012, 04:53 PM
i hate that word at the minute its ending in disaster

seriously though i think you know you are in love when no other guy compares to the one you've got, when you still get butterflies months/years on seeing the same face or cheeky grin, being truly comfortable with someone knowing that they can see you at your true worst and not fault you for it, and having someone there that supports you no matter what.

of course i though i had all that with my ex, and so was madly in love.. but then it went wrong and i question it now..

blergh blergh blergh! these type of conversations blag my head and i end up thinking out loud
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2012, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by DaisyD0g View Post
I knew instantly I met Mr M, head over heels 100% knew he was the person I would spend the rest of my life with.... just knew, don't know how it was just a instant click.

He can drive me potty and make me so angry (and me to him too) BUT I love him 100% and 17 yrs later I still feel exactly the same!!

Love to me is 100% commitment from both parties - unconditional! JMO!!
Couldn't put it better myself so.....ditto. Apart from we have only been together for 13 years.
Helen
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2012, 05:02 PM
I knew exactly it just hits you , even though he was married to someone else at the tim but next moth we will have been married 35 years
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2012, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Took me years and years to know what love was....oh! yes I love my animals but as for humans they always seem to break your heart.

I love Patrick though a 100% I often think I could survive without him though as I am independent........but the thought of living without him fills me with sadness........he's the first man in my life that I have felt that way over so it must be

Love is a two way street and has to be 100% on both sides IMO
Couldn't have put it better myself.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-10-2012, 06:11 PM
When do you know you are in love and what is it to you?
Love is putting and needs and even the life of another person above that of your own .

When I met my husband it was dislike at first sight I thought he was a pompous idiot who thought he was 'gods gift'. He was also an Amy Officer, as a pacifist not my type at all. I quickly realised my mistake and that I had found the love of my life.

Sadly our time together was short, I would have given 10 years of my life for another week with the man I first met.

I have stayed on my own since he died 28 years ago, I married for life and no other relationship could match what we had...
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-10-2012, 06:14 PM
I was part of the original conversation and was musing about how you actually know you're in love.
I thought I was in love with previous boyfriends but it has gone tits up each time. So now I'm questioning if I was actually in love with them or not.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2012, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by Tegs_mum View Post
I was part of the original conversation and was musing about how you actually know you're in love.
I thought I was in love with previous boyfriends but it has gone tits up each time. So now I'm questioning if I was actually in love with them or not.
thats what im like.. how do you know? sick of guys haha!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >