Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-08-2016, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Zen heartbroken she hasn't had ONE enquiry about her new wood removal business
Oh poor old Zen I expect it is a 'teenage' thing and she will moveon to other more appropriate activities soon I expect you've had people mention 'seperation anxiety' but that is out of the question in your pack since they and you are always together.

Thanks for adding a bit more about GOT last night, it does sound like reading the books first would be a good idea, I can't remember when I last had time to read any fiction book. I do remember a bit about the 'War of the Roses' from my school days but I didn't get any passes in history, kind of put me off the subject

OH said Olympics finishing this weekend, she has been watching quite a bit, I have had to endure the commentaries which iritate me Let's hope she is right.

Went to the vet with Lara this afternoon, she has a discharge in both her eyes so is having the Maxitrol eye drops. Vet said her eyelids are just slightly turning inwards and that may be causing the problem if the eye drops don't sort it she may have to have a very minor operation. She also has a cough, definately NOT kennel cough, more like something stuck in her throat, but it's been three days and no change. She was also trying to be sick on our walk, did not bring anything up, apart from a tiny bit of yellow fluid, no more than teaspoon. Vet has prescribed Synuclav which I think she said is an antibiotic just in case there's an internal infection. somewhere
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-08-2016, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
the thing we have to be careful of is not putting any wood rotting stuff that would not be pet compatible.
Yes, that is very important. With the crystals you can just spread them around but that would be dangerous with pets. The other option is to put them inside the stumps assuming they are big enough to drill holes in.

If you are still concerned about Teazle then cover the top of the stump with a plastic sheet and tie it around the stump so there's no way any pet could lick it.

But the stump (or stumps) do need to be more than about 2 inches diameter otherwise it won't be possible to drill a big enough hole to put the crystals in and some might spill over onto the ground and yes that's when Teazle or some other creature might get at them.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-08-2016, 08:18 PM
I know about that eyelash thing Harvey, it is inherited, but as she was with dreadful people who didn't care, they won't give a toss that her puppies will more than likely have it, blindness can be the result of left untreated, she is so very lucky to have you to look after now.
Supervet was just totally awesome, that man is now breaking new ground in biomedicine.
I am hoping she grows out of this wood fetish, otherwise the world may run out of wood
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-08-2016, 08:39 PM
I know about that eyelash thing Harvey, it is inherited, but as she was with dreadful people who didn't care, they won't give a toss that her puppies will more than likely have it, blindness can be the result of left untreated, she is so very lucky to have you to look after now.
Supervet was just totally awesome, that man is now breaking new ground in biomedicine.
I am hoping she grows out of this wood fetish, otherwise the world may run out of wood
I am quite impressed with this vet, she seems to be on top of things like this and so rest assured whatever needs to be done will be done.

I tried (gently) to suggest to OH that we watch a bit of 'supervet' especially as tonight he was really at the cutting edge of technology with 'stem cell techniques' it's not even used on humans much as yet. But she doesn't like seeing dogs being operated on and as you may know I don't much like anything with blood. We're just a couple of wimps I guess

Yesterday I was going to suggest that you line the walls of the kennel with wooden pallets and then dear old Zen could chew away to her hearts content but I dare say you've already considered that. (You can often pick up a few old pallets from transport companies for not much )
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-08-2016, 08:47 PM
Both the big house and the little kennel are boarded out inside, with insulation in between. I hope for my sanity that she never finds out about this
New kennel will be made out of breeze block and boarded out as well, floor will be cement and rubber matting on top which we are talking about sealing down with a liquid rubber. Maybe that will deter her, or in my worse nightmare, she will then make a start on the big house as the little kennel can no longer be eaten By the way did you know that most wooden pallets are treated with rat poison
You can watch Supervet on catch up, look away at any gory bits because this guy is so very interesting and totally tearing up the rule book
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-08-2016, 09:09 PM
By the way did you know that most wooden pallets are treated with rat poison
You can watch Supervet on catch up
No I never knew about pallets being treated, makes sense I suppose 'cos they do end up in the most awful places

I'll try the 'catch up' thing tomorrow, it's usually on for about a week isn't it
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-08-2016, 09:13 PM
I think its on longer than that Harvey, not sure to be honest.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-08-2016, 09:18 PM
Thanks June, have to go now, goodnight, hugs to all the girls see you tomorrow.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-08-2016, 09:19 PM
Nite Harvey, hugs to Casey and Lara
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3