Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
linrob
New Member!
Female 

10-11-2008, 05:15 PM

Dogs 4 us

Hi All, i have been looking on the net for some time for info about dogs 4 us. I have owned pedigree shih tzu's for the last 13 years and sadly one of my pals passed away from thyroid cancer earlier this year. I initially said i wasn;t going to get another dog but my elderly freind pined so much for her lifelong pal i was scared we would lose her too. We were in the Bramley area in Leeds in September and passed dogs 4 us.I didnt know that they actually sold puppies untill we went in to have a look round. As we passed through from the shop into the puppy sales area we were right in front of a cage full with a litter of shih tzu puppies all fighting at the back and just one was at the front of the cage looking at me ! I started crying as she looked so sad. My partner said go and get a staff member and we will find out a bit more. The staff member was asked by both of us if the pups were registered and we were assured they were. We had a cuddle, my heart ruled my head and my partner forked out £575.00 for our Sally. we were told to come back on Friday for her "papers" When my partner went back on the Friday he rang me and was livid. The "papers were a glorified birth cert from the dlrc. i later rang the shop and asked why i had been lied to. I was told that i had signed a form and didnt have a legal leg to stand on. I was sold a mongrel !! STUPID WOMAN i can hear some of you saying. further research led me to beleive that my dog came from a puppy farm as i had the breeders name and address but no phone no and Dogs 4 us wont give me it. I love my dog Sally but i wanted a pedigree puppy not a mongrel and feel so cheated. I would have got another dog from the same breeder as before but she no longer breeds and i HONESTLY thought these puppies were PEDIGREE as advertised. When i took her for her inoculation she had a bit of the runs and so the vet couldnt give her the jab. it cost me £50.00 for antibiotics and a special food plus wormer and flea treatment. i was told by dogs 4 us that there own vet would have seen Sally free of charge but i didnt trust them and had no way of knowing that he/she was even a proper vet.
When i took Sally for her second jab the Vet who knew the full story by now said she is either older than they have told you or she may be crossed with a Lhassa apso (sorry if the spelling is wrong.) she is now 16 weeks old and huge ! She definatley is not typical Shih Tzu and i just wondered if anyone else had unknowingly bought a puppy from dogs 4 us and had had similar problems? Even if a puppy bought from there dies they either give you another dog or a credit note !! i would like to see this shop BANNED from selling puppies but with this legal loophole what can be done ? If i had known these puppies came from puppy farms i wouldnt have gone within 50 yards of the place. Please Please dont be taken in like i was. Find a good breeder through a breed club. sorry for the long rant. and thank you for reading. Lynn
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2008, 05:24 PM
I'm sorry that you were taken in by them - unfortunately I think even sensible people, faced with the poor pups in a place like this, just can't resist 'rescuing' them for their surroundings. And i'm sure that is what places like this rely on.

As you say, all you can do is try and warn others.....no reputable breeder would EVER let their pups be sold through a business such as this, so people are are paying, at best for a purely breed purebred, at worst, for a mix of who knows what.
zuhzoo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-11-2008, 05:29 PM
It is unlikely they even have a website or much information about them... They sound a bit obscure in that way! I'm sorry that your pup ended up being from a puppy farm... I guess it teaches us that we shouldn't buy from places that even give us a little bit of suspicion, or have sad animals in cages. I don't think that it is your fault, but definitely theirs! It would be hard for anyone with a heart to pass by puppies who are being poorly looked after... I hope you have no problems otherwise with her!

Thanks for the warning, I'm sure others will have other things to say x

(oh, if you don't mind me saying... Type shih tzu or it seems like you're swearing! Thanks )
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2008, 05:34 PM
I thought it was illegal to sell puppies in shops?
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2008, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by zuhzoo View Post
It is unlikely they even have a website or much information about them... They sound a bit obscure in that way!
no, what is frightening is they do have a website and when you see the list of 'pedigree' breeds on offer .

We have another fairly new member who had a very similar experience from this company's Manchester base. I'm not sure that I can post the link, but you can easily google their name and find their website.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2008, 05:36 PM
Thank you for joining Dogsey and warning others x

Good luck with your bundle and I'm sure you will have fun.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2008, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
I thought it was illegal to sell puppies in shops?
It is still permissable under license unfortunately.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2008, 05:40 PM
I had never heard of this before the recent thread. It's appalling that such a place exists in this day and in this country! Something must be done.
linrob
New Member!
Female 

10-11-2008, 05:42 PM
Thanks Zuhoo for your reply and Hali too, they do have a website but i didnt find it until after i had bought Sally and found out she had a tummy problem. I didnt think anything was suspicious as they "said yes these pups are registered" and as i had allways had dogs that were Kc registered i automatically assumed that this was the register they were talking about, not some made up club that wanted £12.00 from me for a glorified birth cert that i could have made at home on my own computer ! I didnt pay it anyway as it is worthless. dogs 4 us argued with me and said we sold you a pet NOT a show dog or one for breeding from but i said i thought i had bought a PEDIGREE pup and had no intention of breeding or showing her anyway.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2008, 05:42 PM
Rubbish! What a bunch of scoundrels!

linrob, if there is anyway we can help then do let us know. My ppen is ready for a petition if it comes to it!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >