Our sister sites
Our sister sites
minty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

16-05-2005, 07:35 PM

stupidity and cruelty

what about this owners stupidity and nieghbours cruelty
.................................................. .................................................. ...
By MARK BULLIET and LUKAS I. ALPERT
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ailing pup set ablaze by sicko.
Photo: Paul Martinka
Email Archives
Print Reprint

May 12, 2005 -- A "sweet as pudding" pup was badly burned through a combination of naivete and cruelty when his owner tried to treat the dog's mange with motor oil — and a coldhearted neighbor tossed a match on his back, animal-rescue officials said yesterday.
Snoop, a 6-month-old pit-bull mix, was expected to live, but had his ears singed and suffered severe burns across his back, said Ruth Allen, manager of the city's Animal Care and Control shelter in Brooklyn, where the dog is recovering.

"He's as sweet as pudding — an excellent personality despite the injuries," she said.

No one has been arrested, and investigators are offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to the capture of the culprit who threw the match. Call the ACC's central office at (212) 788-4000.

The combustible mix of ignorance and savagery began when Snoop's owner, Tiffany Faulk, 18, tried to treat her puppy's skin disease with flammable oil because her family couldn't afford the $200 to have him treated by a veterinarian.

"Everybody told me about this home-remedy-type thing," Faulk said.

At around 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, Faulk said she returned with the dog to her building at the Cypress Hills Houses in East New York. As they walked in, Snoop bounded up the steps and someone viciously tossed a lit match on him, setting him ablaze.

"I do think it was on purpose. Everybody knows I was treating him with oil for his skin. Everybody knew he was flammable," Faulk said.
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2005, 07:47 PM
That poor little puppy
I hope it recovers and goes on to live a happy life after this
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-05-2005, 07:58 PM
It still amazes me with the depth of peoples cruelty and ignorance.If someone can not afford to care for an animal (or child for that matter)-they should not contemplate owning one.

Very very sad.
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2005, 08:13 PM
I would love to do the same to the b*****d!!!!!
Footybird11
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-05-2005, 08:18 PM
OMG I can't believe someone would do something so heartless
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2005, 08:39 PM
Thats so sad, poor puppy!
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2005, 08:42 PM
It makes me feel physically sick, just thinking about the pain this poor little pup must of been in! what sort of person could do such a thing,as moli said they deserve the same!
Kerrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2005, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by Moli
I would love to do the same to the b*****d!!!!!
i totally agree with you
Cazzh
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-05-2005, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by Steve & Abe
It still amazes me with the depth of peoples cruelty and ignorance.If someone can not afford to care for an animal (or child for that matter)-they should not contemplate owning one.

Very very sad.
There are some sick baskets around you know. Pure evil!

Yes, you are right. If you can't afford a vet then you can't afford a pet - Simple.
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2005, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by Steve & Abe

Very very sad.

agree with you steve and abe

omg that poor poor dog! get better soon lil baby
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >