Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2012, 11:08 PM

Door bells should be banned ...

Do your dogs react to the noise of a door bell on TV adverts? It is driving me mad and I think they should be banned. My two dogs fortunately don't bark more than once as a warning, but the racing round to the front door is manic

Almost as bad as the noise of a smoke detector on an advert or TV programme which makes me get up and race around
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-02-2012, 11:15 PM
I did away with my doorbell years ago. Too many sudden explosions with small children about.

They used to react to a doorbell on TV but after a few years without one of their own - the association soon went away.

I have a small knocker on the front door now and we're in a much happier place.
Even better - I've left my bell on the wall despite it not working so only friends and the postie know they have to knock LOL
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2012, 12:30 AM
I have no doorbell and have never had one - but mine still give a wee bark when they hear one on the TV
really odd
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2012, 07:44 AM
They all look over to me to check if I'm getting up before any barking....

although sometimes one decides it IS our doorbell... despite
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2012, 08:34 AM
Yes, I`m another who has done away with the doorbell.
My dogs react to the Tesco van and the Post-lady. And people coming in the gate. Nothing off the TV now.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2012, 08:48 AM
When my dogs are in the kitchen or hall they may do one cursory bark when the door bell goes (which I'm pleased about) they only have a race to the front door when they hear a door bell from the TV.
Our front doors are clear glass which means they can see anyone arriving etc all the time, sop that is probably why they zoom there when they are in a different room
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2012, 08:53 AM
Think yourselves lucky if you have a dog that doesn't react.

Bruce does.......and because we couldn't stop him , we worked with his habit .... so now

doorbell on TV program/advert goes, he jumps up and we all say....''''''''TV BRUCE''''''' so he lies back down
It was the only way of stopping/working with it as before he would be up and send everything flying

at least this way he stops dead in his tracks when he hears the above words
samson13
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-02-2012, 09:06 AM
I have the same problem with the cat flap ! When my cats come through it, they are sometimes being chased by a ginger tom who sits on the other side of the door teasing the dogs so every time that the cat flap goes, it's a ginger tom ! !
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-02-2012, 09:21 AM
I have no problem with doorbells but dogs in adverts have caused chaos here in the past, Syd who gets on well with every dog he meets in person will not tolerate any dog even a cartoon one on the telly. He has now been trained to lie down flat and turn his head away whenever one comes on but he's not happy although he complies he grumbles like **** while doing it.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-02-2012, 09:26 AM
what gets me is radio traffic reports with background sounmd effects of cars tooting etc, makes me jump and look round everytime
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >