register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Should I let the dogs sleep upstairs?!!!
Of course... 33 76.74%
Are you mad....with Cosmo's muddy habits??? 10 23.26%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2009, 05:07 PM

Upstairs or not...

Our two sleep in the hall.....with son's hamster on his bedroom floor and various pups around it has been out of the question for them to come upstairs.
Now...we have no pups and the hamster is no more....OH has said it is up to me but he doesn't want them on the bed (nor do I). I know Cosmo won't sleep on the bed as he gets hot...but Tango is another issue entirely... Bless her.

So.....do we get rid of the gate at the bottom of the stairs and let them be free??????????????? (Son has a high up bed thing....only problem could be when his friends kip on his bedroom floor!!!)
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2009, 05:23 PM
I would, but surely it's up to you?

I'm not really fussed about the state of the house and baring in mind how much Woody loves being with us it would seem unfair to trap him downstairs when we're upstairs.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2009, 05:23 PM
2 to 1 at the moment.....
Anyone happy to give reasons???
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2009, 05:24 PM
Ooo you just did Pidgey.

It is entirely up to me...and I know how I am feeling about it...but just thought it would be interesting and fun to get other people's take on it that's all I've not voted!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2009, 05:26 PM
Mine go where they want...which is usually as close to me as they can get It`s nice and warm in winter though.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Mine go where they want...which is usually as close to me as they can get It`s nice and warm in winter though.
Cosmo gets so hot he will be on the floor...but Tango....she does like comfort...I can see her being a problem on the bed front!!! I don't want them on the bed.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2009, 05:29 PM
I voted no, but only for the reason you've already set the rules and changing them might be confusing

My own dog has access all areas.. except the bathroom when I am using it
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2009, 05:31 PM
I'd let them sleep wherever they want Our old boy used to sleep on his bed in our room, until he couldn't climb the stairs anymore. Then he'd sleep on his bed in the kitchen.

Diesel sleeps in our room, when we got him as a pup we used to let him sleep on our bed, he was too small to get on and off our bed himself, so he'd sleep wherever we put him LOL Now he's older he does still get on our bed sometimes, then he'll get too hot and go and sleep on his own bed in our room. I don't mind where he sleeps, as long as he's happy

Maybe you could try removing the gate and letting them sleep in your room, if it becomes too much of a problem, you could always put the gate back on.

Good Luck x
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2009, 05:32 PM
Mine don't go upstairs. There is no need for them to be up there has far as I am concerned. Their beds, toys, water, garden, etc., are downstairs. The only time I'm upstairs is to sleep and use the bathroom, anyway.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2009, 05:33 PM
Thanks guys. They have been upstairs (normally to wake OH up ) They love it...it will be very exciting initially i am sure...but they would soon settle I think. Hmmmm
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »