Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bella2012
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-05-2012, 08:41 PM

Confused re: KC

Hi

not sure if this is the best place to post? I adopted Bella Goldie a couple of months ago. We were originally looking to adopt a rescue Lab but ended up with a private rehome Goldie.

We have finally managed to get all the paperwork and she has a great background with regards to hip, elbow score and is KC reg. My question is I have no idea about KC and now need to transfer her over to our name, I have never had a pure breed, got no idea why/ what the benifits would be to have her KC registered- we just love her, wanted to re home a dog, she is spayed so will not breed.... should I continue with it, any advice greatful as very ignorant to it
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2012, 08:45 PM
The only reason you need to transfer ownership into your name is if you plan on competing with her at KC licensed shows.

Then you have to sign entry forms as the owner, and no dog that is not registered with the KC can compete at KC licensed events.

If you have the KC registration papers and the previous owner has signed them, all you need to do is to send off the form to the KC with the appropriate fee and you will ownership will be transferred and you will receive a KC registration certificate in your name.
Bella2012
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-05-2012, 09:06 PM
Thank you- so if she is our family pet and only doing her training for herself and for us there would be no need, I only wondered if there were implications for not continuing. I am sure she will get Gold at the village fete
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2012, 09:12 PM
I am sure she will get Gold at the village fete

I've had a dog I didn't bother to transfer my name over to on the Pedigree - as SB said - no need to incur the expense if you don't need it for anything.
Bella2012
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-05-2012, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post

I've had a dog I didn't bother to transfer my name over to on the Pedigree - as SB said - no need to incur the expense if you don't need it for anything.
Thank you will let you know it all gets quite competitive at village fetes lol
Bella2012
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-05-2012, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by Bella2012 View Post
Thank you will let you know it all gets quite competitive at village fetes lol
re- correct my entry by saying will let you know about village fetes opposed to KC reg LOL
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2012, 09:27 PM
Good. And take LOTS of photos!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-05-2012, 08:04 AM
Personally for what the fee costs, i would have her transfared for no other reason than for proof of ownership.

If you have the papers and the original owner signed them, it stops any misunderstanding for the future , if for instance they decide to challenge ownership.

Cynical I know , but for me best to be safe than sorry.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2012, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Personally for what the fee costs, i would have her transfared for no other reason than for proof of ownership.

If you have the papers and the original owner signed them, it stops any misunderstanding for the future , if for instance they decide to challenge ownership.

Cynical I know , but for me best to be safe than sorry.
Whilst can see its an expense its not a huge one and I tend to agree with JB but also I like the fact that my dogs are in my name - I did all of mine regardless if competing - just was nice to have the paper back with our name on
bijou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-05-2012, 12:33 PM
you can transfer ownership on line here :

http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/owner/
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >